spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

siouxmoux2

@sbcglobal.net

There still people getting dvd by mail. Seriously

There still people getting dvd by mail. Seriously, Everyone I know who has netflix drop their DVD by mail subscription and switch to their streaming plan. I can see Blu-ray by mail. but in three years that will phased out. Streaming now and Future for Netflix.

jaymerkramer

join:2002-12-11
Saint Peters, MO

1 recommendation

I disagree, with the new Caps in place by all of the ISP's people will probably be going back to local video stores and mail rental. I like my streaming for those times when nothing else is on or to watch some old TV shows but most of what is offered by streaming on Netflix is complete crap. If they could have the selection and video quality of something like Vudu but with a monthly plan now that would be awesome but I would hit my ISP cap way to quick with a service like that!

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

said by jaymerkramer:

I disagree, with the new Caps in place by all of the ISP's people will probably be going back to local video stores and mail rental. I like my streaming for those times when nothing else is on or to watch some old TV shows but most of what is offered by streaming on Netflix is complete crap. If they could have the selection and video quality of something like Vudu but with a monthly plan now that would be awesome but I would hit my ISP cap way to quick with a service like that!

The DVD by mail gets the latest movies faster than Netflix Streaming does. The streaming is good for old movies and old TV series (I Like that), but I'd drop the streaming before DVD by mail as long as the movie selection is better than the streaming movie selection.
--
Record your speedtest.net results in DSLReports SpeedWave
»www.speedtest.net/wave/afe201cb84d45c88

psujim

join:2007-10-10
Reading, PA
reply to siouxmoux2

said by siouxmoux2 :

There still people getting dvd by mail. Seriously, Everyone I know who has netflix drop their DVD by mail subscription and switch to their streaming plan. I can see Blu-ray by mail. but in three years that will phased out. Streaming now and Future for Netflix.

Really? Everyone I know uses the DVDs. Streaming may be the future, but it's much more than three years out, unless Netflix radically expands their streaming selection.

ShellMMG

join:2009-04-16
Grass Lake, MI
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
reply to siouxmoux2

There are still millions of US citiZens who don't have access to an ISP let alone one fast enough to watch a movie without massive buffering. By the time they see broadband, the content market may have colapsed due to greed, low caps and walled gardens.