how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

pappy97

join:2007-03-12
Dallas, TX

Does not make sense

The current pricing at least made some sense, you paid for discs + streaming in one charge. Now a separate charge for streaming AND separate charge for discs (not to mention, an addtl upcharge for blu rays).

In this day when we have access to just about any movie we want through other means, with anywhere from 720p to full blu ray rip quality, paying for both makes no sense. I'm thinking the smart play is to go streaming only, and count me in the camp that thinks netflix is trying to ween people off discs. When you tell people 1 disc at a time + streaming is $16, but only one or the other for $8, I think people will choose streaming. Not everyone, but there will be enough converts to make netflix happy, and netflix is happy when they can lower the amount of postage they pay. That's their bottom line.

tshirt
Premium,MVM
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by pappy97:

).

....In this day when we have access to just about any movie we want through other means, with anywhere from 720p to full blu ray rip quality, paying for both makes no sense.....

Think about what you are saying.
Should NetFlix consider just stealing their own rip, so they can keep prices low?
In the real world businesses have expenses, which they cover by charging their customers.
when prices go up they pass some or all of that along.

Vorg
Premium
join:2002-06-18
Tucson, AZ

The movie companies and such are are getting WAY too much money. Keep in mind that Hulu was turning a 6 digit profit when they started charging crying they weren't making money. A load of crap. I use ATA(FTA), hulu free and crackle. TNT shows don't go to hulu, but you can watch them at the TNT web site and watch it comercal free. A&E you can also watch their shows on their site, but with comercals. SciFi/USA shows make it to hulu. Sometimes 30 days latter, though this time, premeres for Alphas, Warehouse 13, and Eureka where on hulu just a couple hours after airing on SciFi.