spc
Search similar:

uniqs

disconnected
@snet.net

disconnected

Anon

There's Always RedBox

If Netflix goes up to those price points, my wife will quit the plan and just rent at RedBox. $1-$1.50 (BD) is impossible to beat. We're already renting at Redbox almost weekly.
Blockbuster lost us when they jacked prices up to $5 per rental. Netflix might be next to go.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by disconnected :

If Netflix goes up to those price points, my wife will quit the plan and just rent at RedBox. $1-$1.50 (BD) is impossible to beat. We're already renting at Redbox almost weekly.
Blockbuster lost us when they jacked prices up to $5 per rental. Netflix might be next to go.

The problem with Redbox is the lack of selection choices and it's a real pain in the ass to return movies to busy locations. Most of the time you get the infamous "we're sorry this redbox is full and cannot accept any returns at this moment". And since Redbox unit owners are franchises (apparently) each operates their boxes differently some good and some bad. I waited 3 days for them to empty our local redbox and gave the company holy hell when they tired to charge me late fees.

wings10
I Am Legend
Premium Member
join:2004-06-09
South Elgin, IL

wings10 to disconnected

Premium Member

to disconnected
Do you think you rent more then 8 disc a month? RedBox would costs you the same as the $8 plan from Netflix. You don't have to drive over to return / pick up the disc either.

I signed up for Netflix because it was the better deal the RedBox Blockbuster etc. The streaming was an added bonus. But we found ourselves streaming more and more so we dropped the disc plan. There is enough content to stream to keep us busy along with our DISH Network plan.

disconnected
@snet.net

disconnected

Anon

We've yet to encounter a full RedBox. So far, no problems. Yes, selection is limited. We don't watch that many movies normally.
We don't want to be roped into a monthly commitment, so even if on occasion we rent 8 movies in a single month, the next month we might only rent 2 or 3.
We're very selective in what we spend our limited free time watching. Sometimes we buy the Blu-ray disc if it's a very good film, at Costco or online at Amazon. Costco has weekly specials where a Blu-ray disc can be had for $8.99. We've picked up a few classics that way.