share rss forum feed

Sly
Premium
join:2004-02-20
Chuckey, TN
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Callcentric

I'll stay with Netflix. Some of you just jump ship...

I've been on VoIP since 2003 and saw the same thing happen to them. Phone companies lobbied to have the services shut down because they were losing business. They lost that battle and now VoIP is more common than ever. AT&T recognized this and got out of the land line business and went almost exclusively wireless...

Netflix has an uphill battle. They are not just fighting against ISPs but also against movie studios. Netflix is simply stomping their ass in sales and they in turn are imposing caps and upping the price they charge Netflix for content.

People who decide that $15/month is too much to spend on unlimited content need to step back from the computer think for a minute. This war against Netflix is really a war against us. Cable companies want us to use their shitty services and movie companies want us to spend billions on the overrated bullshit movies. They want their monopoly and Netflix is the biggest threat to them. Our consumer choice is being threatened by THEM.

Netflix is working to buy up industry content. I hope they can also start buying up networks or build their own to bypass the lobbyists in D.C. who are working feverously to destroy our consumer choice.

I will pay Netflix the extra $5/month because I am convinced that they need the money to fight this war and that it's not just because of their greed...
--
"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."
- Plato -

wings10
I Am Legend
Premium
join:2004-06-09
South Elgin, IL

1 edit

I'm staying as well. You can't beat the $7.99 a month for all the content that you can stream. Cheaper then HBO, Showtime etc.

I seen some very good classic films which is what I am into.
--
"The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration."