Search similar:

uniqs

FutureMon
Dude Whats mine say?

join:2000-10-05
Marina, CA

FutureMon

Redbox...here I come...again.

This is the first I've heard of the price increase. I'm going to change my account to streaming only when I get home.

I currently have the 1 DVD out-at-a-time plan, plus the streaming.

I've been getting my 1 DVD at a time - but never have I gotten more than 6 per month, so Redbox looks like a better deal to me.

I mean, I get the DVD, maybe watch it within a day or so, maybe return it the next day or the day after that, so being really lazy that's like 1 DVD per week (aka 4 to 5 DVD's per month).

Redbox charges $1.10 per DVD (but of course I have to return it the next day or get charged another $1), so even if I did get 6 DVDs in a month, I'm still only out a total of $14.60, and I get to choose what's available right in front of me and get it right then and there instead of having to add it to my queue and wait 2 days (or more).

Heck, I just rented Battle: Los Angeles from my local Redbox the other day - and up to last night it was also in my Netflix Queue with a status of "Really long wait".

- FM

MTBikerChris
Premium Member
join:2001-08-28
Erie, CO

MTBikerChris

Premium Member

All ready X My NF Acct last night, Got a BBExp box up the road in a Safeway I always get emails saying rent one get one free or just a free B time to time.. And i don;t have to wait 28 days anymore !!

FutureMon
Dude Whats mine say?

join:2000-10-05
Marina, CA

FutureMon

Yup. Switched to streaming only for $7.99/mo. And in a month or two when I move to a better apartment/house, I'll drop them all together and go to verizon fios for all my needs.

I've only been using Netflix as a temporary measure since I had been unemployed for a long time, and I cancelled my phone and cable service (keeping only internet).

Apparently the mass change they are making takes effect on July 27th, so if your current bill is due before then, you'll still get the cheaper rate; but your August bill will be at the higher $15.99 rate.

- FM