uniqs
share rss forum feed

altdel

join:2003-08-20
Danville, CA

1 edit
reply to Johkal

Lost in East Bay, SF Bay Area

Modem rebooted itself 30 minutes ago, and lost upstream bonding here in East Bay, SF Bay Area.

rolfp

join:2011-03-27
Oakland, CA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast

Still got 3 channels upstream here in Oakland, SF Bay Area

said by altdel:

Modem rebooted itself 30 minutes ago, and lost upstream bonding here in East Bay, SF Bay Area.

Gettin' close to home! Nothing in the log since July 9, when I rebooted the Ubee, myself, for s&g. I didn't see any info why this change in the service is happening. Oh, I guess it is a test, not an established part of service, as stated in this thread.

retiredqwest

join:2005-04-01
Spokane, WA

Still got 2 channels upstream here in Spokane, WA

I rebooted my modem yesterday and it still has 2 upstream channels. But from the above I don't have some fantastic upload speeds.

I'm on Extreme 105/10 BTW.

Chris 313
Come get some
Premium
join:2004-07-18
Houma, LA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Vonage
·Comcast
·Comcast Digital ..
said by retiredqwest:

I rebooted my modem yesterday and it still has 2 upstream channels. But from the above I don't have some fantastic upload speeds.

I'm on Extreme 105/10 BTW.

What do you get for sustained download/upload speeds when downloading/uploading several large files from known fast sources? Judging from the picture, though, your upload looks fine to me. If your speed is 105/10 and you're getting 10 on the upload, you're getting your speed. And after the upgrade later this year, it'll be 105/20.

retiredqwest

join:2005-04-01
Spokane, WA

1 edit
said by Chris 313:

What do you get for sustained download/upload speeds when downloading/uploading several large files from known fast sources? Judging from the picture, though, your upload looks fine to me. If your speed is 105/10 and you're getting 10 on the upload, you're getting your speed. And after the upgrade later this year, it'll be 105/20.

Funny you ask.... I just tried Microsoft Technet on a Win7 3.1 G iso and it peaked at 2.9MB which would make it about 24Mb.

BUT, when I use Newsbin Pro I've hit 95 Mb at times w/20 connections....

FTP uploading to my website yields a whopping 75KB.....
They must throttle the upload speed.

Speedtest's and file transfer speeds are totally subjective to how much bandwidth the hosting site is willing to allocate.

Given a do over, I should have canceled the 100\10 in the 30 day window.