spc
uniqs
Russ6
join:2011-03-17
Houston, TX

Russ6 to JC77

to JC77

Re: [DVR] Truncated Recordings?

This is a known bug in the S25 guide and it is very annoying. There are some workarounds for the bug.
1) When recording two shows don't start watching a prerecorded show. This can be useful if you are not watching TV.
2) Another workaround is to tune directly to one of the shows being recorded without using the "My Recordings" page. If you do this make sure you finish watching the show by the time the recording ends otherwise the DVR will jump to live TV when the recording ends and you will have to go find the last point where you were watching.
3) Another workaround is to only record one show and watch the other show live or delayed.
4) Another workaround is to only record one show at a time instead of two. This is useful if one show will be repeated later at night or is On Demand.

Each workaround has a problem and you should decide which to use based on the situation.

Comcast will fix the bug in the next release, phase 2, but it will be the end of the year or later before everyone gets phase 2 because the schedule for phase 2 is August through December, 2011 and Comcast has seldom meet its own schedules.
Russ6

Russ6

According to Comcast's Ted Hodgins, Sr. Director, Video Product Development - Navigation, in Media & Entertainment, "New Guide for Scientific Atlanta Cable Boxes" blog, performing any DVR functions like FF, REW, Skip Ahead, etc. while another show is recording can cause truncated recordings, but unattended recordings are fine. For more information click on the following link to the post in his blog:

»blog.comcast.com/2010/05 ··· nt-39877

Note: The only trigger that I see is starting to watch a recorded show when two shows are recording. I use SA Explorer 8300 HD DVRs.

What trigger conditions do you see?

JC77
@comcast.net

JC77

Anon

I guess it's a random trigger as well.

I was playing around with it yesterday. Recorded 2 random shows, and played a few recordings from the DVR. Both recordings came out fine.

But at night, when I recorded 2 shows that I really wanted to see, I forgot about the problem and watched something off the DVR while the 2 shows were being recorded. And sure enough, one program was cut off about 10 minutes into the show.
Russ6
join:2011-03-17
Houston, TX

Russ6

Comcast's Ted Hodgins stated in his blog that a recording can be truncated when watching a recorded show while two shows are recording, mostly if FF, REW or switching channels is also done. The following link is to his post:

»blog.comcast.com/2010/05 ··· nt-39907