spc
uniqs
cleako
join:2009-11-02
Cary, NC

cleako to MyDogHsFleas

to MyDogHsFleas

Re: Ubee DDW3611 Bridge Mode?? - Central Florida

This Ubee DOCSIS 3.0 modem that Time Warner Cable installed is very frustrating. The problem that I find is that the ping is 40ms when in NAT mode and 20ms when in bridged mode. I put it in bridged mode and the integrated wireless stops working, it is the same for along with both of my wireless routers I plug in to it. (Apple airport express and a Belkin 54g) If in NAT mode, integrated wireless works just fine along with both of the wireless routers plugged in to the Ubee.

I have rebooted it with each changed, used only port 1 of the Ubee, ect. There is something in the Ubee blocking wireless routers that are connected to it from working when in bridged mode.

I have tried Router mode and NAT Router mode. Neither worked for wireless or standard ethernet connectivity. I disabled the firewall on the Ubee and adjusted the options for every single relevant thing. I just spent 6 hours of trial and error working on this and i'm stuck going back to NAT. Speed remains the same upstream and downstream but the ping is what I would like to fix. Unfortunately I cannot get away without using wifi at my house.

Has anyone had any success getting wifi (of any means) to work while the Ubee is in bridged mode? If so, how?

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium Member
join:2004-11-29
Corpus Christi, TX

CptGemini

Premium Member

The WiFi is not really meant to work in bridge mode. However if you only have one thing connected pull the ethernet lan cable from the back of the ubee do a hard reset put it in bridge mode then connect via wifi. Once you do that though the lan port 1 won't work and you will have to go back to nat mode.

Just need to make it clear that when you put it in bridge mode do not have any lan cables plugged in to it at all.
TWCdude
join:2006-04-28
San Antonio, TX

1 recommendation

TWCdude to cleako

to cleako
Bridge mode just gives the public ip address to the first device connected to it instead of the modem keeping the public ip and giving out private ips. If your acct has multiple ip addresses to give out then you can hook up more than one device, but in most cases you only get one there are some cities in south texas where you get 3. So if you try to hook 2 routers while in bridge mode it wont work because its giving the 1 public ip address to one of the 2 routers.
cleako
join:2009-11-02
Cary, NC

cleako

Thanks for clearing that up!