Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

tbonepat11

@verizon.net
reply to tbonepat11

Re: [HD] My Fox Soccer HD Issues - Advice Needed

I just posted the issue over on »msn.foxsports.com/feedback

I advise more people to do it as well to make the issue known. I think most people just say "Oh well, I can live with it" and don't say anything. So lets make them aware.

julesism

join:2001-12-12
Lewisville, TX

done

tbonepat11

@verizon.net

Here was their response. I responded back telling him that it is happening on multiple providers in HD and SD.

"It is FOX Sports’ mission to always provide our viewers with the best possible game coverage. One of the new features we are providing to our standard definition customers is a letterbox live feed so more of the game can be seen on the screen at home. While we have had many recent conversations as well as given ample instructions to cable providers across the country, some are continuing to augment our live game broadcast. We thank you for bringing this to our attention, if you could please reply back with the your zip code and cable carrier’s name we will contact them in the coming week to ensure they are following the proper handling instructions of our live broadcasts going forward"

Azzurrony

@verizon.net

The AC Milan Cesena game this afternoon was almost unwatchable. Through cablecard, the video is even worse. Dropouts were happening every minute or two.

I've written to foxsports. I believe there is a problem with the way they have encoded the video. I just wish I knew what it was.

rdk914

join:2011-09-15
Larchmont, NY
reply to JeepMatt

Re: [HD] My Fox Soccer HD Issues - Help!

I realize that the thread is now really about the audio drop out issue, but for others who may have been having picture and sound issues of varying magnitude, which were back with a vengeance for me yesterday, I seem to have resolved the problem by simply tightening all the coax connectors I could find outside the house (none of which seemed to be particularly loose) (a desperate last measure before calling for a tech visit). Hard to believe that that has fixed it, but it seems to be the case.

Azzurrony

@verizon.net

Rdk,

That sometimes will do it. For me, however, I've had the techs out to look at everything and the signal was fine.

It seems to be an issue with how the video is encoded. There are glitches in the audio which cause it to drop and then the video pixelates as it catches up.

tbonepat11

@verizon.net

Azz,

Exact same thing here. The tech swapped out all the connectors and significantly boosted the signal to no avail. He concluded that it must be the source.

simman

@northropgrumman.com

Not to highjack this thread, but I also have the same problems on the Golf Channel. Golf Channel is worse than Fox Soccer but they both freeze, skip, and pixalate. I went to diagnostics and everything seemed to be fine with good quality signal and no errors listed. I'm in VHO 3.

Azzurrony

@verizon.net

Matt,

Did Twitter Joe ever respond to our problem?

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
Premium,MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX
kudos:1

said by Azzurrony :

Matt,

Did Twitter Joe ever respond to our problem?

You really should not place any value on that persons response to anything. He told us we'd all have 1.9 by end of year 2010. And that was just the start of it.
--
My Gallery
Formerly Nezmo

Azzurrony

@verizon.net

3 months and this problem continues. Inter v. Napoli was garbage today. I've emailed Fox to no avail. Not sure what else to do.

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
join:2001-12-28
Wilmington, DE
kudos:3

Yeah, the MLS game last night was crap. I've heard nothing back.
--
"ONE team - ONE city - ONE dream!!"

Vamp9190
Premium
join:2002-02-11
Chantilly, VA
kudos:1
reply to JeepMatt

Re: [HD] My Fox Soccer HD Issues - Advice Needed

I get the audio drop on FSC HD, but only on 1 of my 3 HD TVs....the other 2 are fine. On that TV where FSC drops audio every 15 sec. or so....the SD channel for FSC is fine.

Really weird and super annoying.

dimi1963

join:2001-12-27
Union, NJ
reply to JeepMatt

I've noticed the audio drops are only when the game is live, I was watching the Inter-Napoli game live and there were drops very often during the game, then I watched it the next day again and the audio was fine. How about Napoli? FORZA AZZURRI!!!!

azzurrony

@verizon.net

I get the audio drops and pixelation even on recorded events. It's a general problem in the stream. Really annoying. Let's keep pushing them.

Yeah, Napoli looks very good. Juve is back as well. Good to see Serie A being much more competitive this year.

Azzurrony

@verizon.net

I'm almost convinced it is the Fox feed. Anyone have any luck with them?

tbonepat11

@verizon.net

They never got back to me. I am going to bug them again about it. I guess the US game tonight is going to have to just be spotty. =(

Azzurrony

@verizon.net

Fox is ignoring my email complaints. I've heard nothing from them. UGH

BigDish4

join:2005-06-04
Rochester, NY
reply to JeepMatt

Is everyone here seeing this issue with a FiOS owned STB, or is anyone using CableCARD? I work for a manufacturer of a CableCARD-based device and we have customers that are experiencing this issue, and we are gathering information to take to our engineering contacts at FiOS to hopefully get this resolved.

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
join:2001-12-28
Wilmington, DE
kudos:3

Dish-
From what I know its being seen by both - it's definitely a source issue.
--
"ONE team - ONE city - ONE dream!!"

BigDish4

Rochester, NY

Is anyone *NOT* seeing it on this channel? What about anyone seeing it on another provider?
I'll need to get a transport stream capture of it and try and analyze it - that'll be my after-lunch activity today hopefully

Azzurrony

@verizon.net

BigDish,

Thanks for trying to help. The issue is less pronounced with the STB on Fios. What you will see there is a frame dropping and SOMETIMES you'll get audio drops.

On Cablecard, when the video is played back via Windows Media Center, the frame drops lead to pixelations and audio drops. I had the guys at Ceton look at it, and they said it was source related at the head end.

I believe that either Fios has an issue with encoding or it is a Fox Soccer HD issue in their production. Other customers of other cable companies also see this issue.

For some reason, the linux based Fios STBs are better able to handle the audio drops/frame drops whereas the devices playing back cablecard streams can't (ie. windows).

Thanks for trying to help.

BigDish4

Rochester, NY

So I was able to get a transport stream capture of it and did some basic analysis on it last night - I haven't found anything obviously wrong (though I do see the video/audio issues). I'm going to spend some time digging deeper Monday.

Azzurrony

@verizon.net

There has to be some sort of glitch in the encoding to cause that audio drop and pixelation. For me, it is every 2-3 minutes when playing back in Windows Media Center. Ugh.

BigDish4

Rochester, NY

Quick update - the Verizon engineering I'm working with that he does something odd with the signal. They are working to determine where the issue is coming from.

Azzurrony

@verizon.net

Thanks! I'm glad some engineer there is actually acknowledging the problem.

Strommy

join:2010-04-23
King Of Prussia, PA
reply to BigDish4

said by BigDish4:

Quick update - the Verizon engineering I'm working with that he does something odd with the signal. They are working to determine where the issue is coming from.

Hurrah!!! I was watching some of the Premier League matches over the weekend and the sound cutouts are as bad as ever (and as annoying as ever). I am glad to hear someone finally acknowledge there is a problem.
--
Verizon is becoming the new Comcast

Those .tv channels have got to go!!!!!!!!!!

Azzurrony

@verizon.net
reply to BigDish4

Bigdish,

Any updates? Have they been able to isolate the cause of those glitches in the FSC HD stream?

Azzurrony

@verizon.net

Anything?

Tonito

@108.46.17.x
reply to JeepMatt

Hi guys, anyone know when we will finally get Fox Soccer Plus in HD ?
Thanks