how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Aum2b1

@verizon.net
reply to JeepMatt

Re: [HD] My Fox Soccer HD Issues - Advice Needed

This probably won't help, but I've never had the audio/video drop out problem on Fox Soccer. I don't have a DVR, just the plain HD set top box plugged directly into the TV via HDMI.

jl398m

join:2012-01-21
reply to JeepMatt

I've been having regular loss of video on 584 for months. Sometimes it worked fine sometime not, usually during peak EPL games (sat morning/afternoon) Verizon support claimed it was FSC's fault.

After reading this thread, I checked FUSE HD and noticed the problem there too. Not a channel I ever tried to watch before.

I went to all my coax connections starting outside all the way to the STB and made sure all were tight. Some of them I was able to give a few turns to. Tried both FSC HD and FUSE HD and both are working now. Hopefully it stays that way.

Thanks everyone.

jasbury

join:2012-02-19
Cortlandt Manor, NY
reply to JeepMatt

GIVE UP! VERIZON IS WASTING OUR TIME AS WELL AS THEIR TECHS! Fox Soccer Channel, Fuse, and Golf Channel do not work on Verizon FIOS. All of Verizon staff know this and have been told to continue the 'it's not working, well that's odd' game even though they know that the channels are not consistent.

I have no idea what the problem is, but everything I've read online points to the source of the channels. But I don't really care--IT'S NOT MY JOB TO FIGURE IT OUT VERIZON--ARE YOU F'N LISTENING????!!!!! If the channels don't work, take them offline. Because I understand that as a business, you cannot offer a product 50% of the time, which is what I get. To admit this is bad business, I get it. So take it offline!!! This is insanity. My tech visit was scheduled yesterday in a window from 8-5. Guess what time he came? 3:30. Guess what he did? Tightened my cable connections? Guess what that solved? NOTHING!!!!!! Of course, he got lucky because the channels were working when he was here, so he didn't have to lie his way out of trash bag. So I wasted an entire day for nothing. If you're having the same trouble, don't even bother with having a tech come out. Just make sure you call to complain and tell them not to bother with tech because it's obvious that the issue has not been fixed and it's not an issue with your individual connection.

I just switched from Cablevision to FIOS a few months ago, and other than this issue, I'm very satisfied with my service. And I didn't have FSC with my basic package on Cablevision. But this is one of the reasons I switched to FIOS. And now I only get the channel 50% of the time. The best is when you're watching a close game and your picture starts suddenly pixelating and then you're done. FU-V!!!!!

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
join:2001-12-28
Wilmington, DE
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Comcast

Jasbury-
If you're having breakup on Fuse AND Fox Soccer HD - then it is a wiring issue at your home. The two share the same frequency, and it is the lowest frequency (69 MHz) in use - which makes it more prone to noise.

There's either an issue with your splitter, the coax itself, or the ends.
--
"ONE team - ONE city - ONE dream!!"

kes601

join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA
kudos:2

FYI....Fuse HD and Fox Soccer HD are on 549 MHz here. But, I agree wiring issue for him if both are breaking up and are on the same QAM.

Tonito

@108.46.17.x
reply to JeepMatt

My picture quality is perfect, but the audio drop-outs are still going non-stop, it's ridiculous.

And are they ever going to give us Fox Soccer Plus in HD ?
Even with audio drop-outs, I would prefer to watch in HD picture, the current SD quality is simply unwatchable...
I negotiated a $10/month discount for FS+, so for $5/month, I kept the channel...

robertf390

join:2011-04-16
Nesconset, NY

Not for nothing, but my neighbor has Cablevision and they have FSC+ in HD and it is part of the sports package - charges $6.95 a month for that channel and several others sports related.

The fact the VZ charges $14 for an SD channel separately shows the mark-up they are taking advantage of. And by the way, it looks great in HD.

I would like to see VZ add it in HD and make it part of the sports package or Ultimate but I realize I am dreaming. Still, they are really ripping off subscribers in this particular instance.

Tonito

@108.46.17.x

yes that is really the only thing I miss from TWC, FSC+ HD was perfect quality and part of the $6 sports package !

Keano

join:2012-03-14
South Grafton, MA
reply to JeepMatt

I've only had Fios for a month, but have noticed problems with this channel since day one. Pixellation/stuttering/skipping & audio drops. I've got the Cisco multi-room DVR hooked up via HDMI. Serie A matches seem to be worse then Prem & CL matches. The weird thing is these issues only seem to occur during the live broadcasts. The rebroadcasts look & sound fine. I had Directv for 7 years prior to this and never once had an issue with either FSCHD or FSC+HD, so I'm thinking this is a Fios problem. I really don't know what to do. One of the main reasons why I switched was because Fios offered this channel in HD. If I had known about these problems before I would of stayed with D* even if it was more money. I guess I'll call Verizon next and see what they say. But after reading through this thread I'm not very optimistic.

Keano

South Grafton, MA

1 edit
reply to JeepMatt

The Belgium/England match is a disaster. The picture is skipping/stuttering and audio drops are occuring every few seconds. I have had it with this shit service. 7 years with Directv and I never once had a problem with FSC HD or FS+ HD. 3 months with Verizon Fios and this channel has been nothing but a shitshow.

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
Wilmington, DE
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Comcast

Keano-
I was hoping maybe 1.9.1 would fix it - but it doesn't.

I pushed this as high up the ladder you could, and they wouldn't address it. It's not even worth complaining anymore...
--

RDC17

join:2011-05-15
Baltimore, MD
reply to JeepMatt

I'm in VHO4 and I have the same problem with the audio drops on FSC with my 7232. Have a 7100 on the downstairs TV and I've never had a single audio drop, watching it on the TV or Slingbox.

I should add that the 7232 is hooked up to surround sound with an optical cable. Still drops when just listening through the TV.

Keano

South Grafton, MA
reply to JeepMatt

Welcome to Fios. A network ahead!!

At least the Euro Cup is on ESPN. I won't have to deal with the crappy picture and audio drops (I hope).

I guess I'll switch back to Directv. Oh well, lesson learned.

Some Guy

@verizon.net

said by Keano:

At least the Euro Cup is on ESPN. I won't have to deal with the crappy picture and audio drops (I hope).

I'm getting tons of picture and audio drops on ESPN for the Euro games. Anyone else? I'll get picture stutter/pixelation/digital noise and an audio drop, sometimes several times per minute.

RDC17

Baltimore, MD
reply to JeepMatt

We had an outage a week back, and when the tech was out he said it was a problem with the box. So he gets another 7232 out of his truck, plugs it in, same problem. So he then tells me it's a problem with FSC and it's beyond Verizon. When I showed him it working fine downstairs he still insisted it was Fox's problem.

So I emailed FSC and they tell me that certain providers don't handle the signal properly.

I have a feeling we are all stuck between finger pointing and this problem isn't going to be fixed soon.

RDC17

Baltimore, MD
reply to Some Guy

I've maybe had 1 or 2 audio drops or image freezes watching the Euros, but the broadcast is coming from the other side of the world.

Some Guy

@verizon.net

said by RDC17:

I've maybe had 1 or 2 audio drops or image freezes watching the Euros, but the broadcast is coming from the other side of the world.

I'm getting around five video/audio glitches per minute today. Unwatchable. I can't tell if it's ESPN or Verizon. It happens slightly during the studio segments and commercials, but not nearly as much (and no audio dropouts). Never had a problem with ESPN until this tournament.

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
Wilmington, DE
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Comcast

Since i saw someone mention this thread....

For those that are still having the audio issues with FSC HD on FIOS, it has to be Verizon.

Ever since I switched to Comcast at the beginning of July, i've been able to watch FSC HD glitch free using the same HDMI/receiver/TV setup.
--

Keano

South Grafton, MA
reply to JeepMatt

Of course it's Verizon.

FSCHD, FS+HD & beINHD all look & sound FANTASTIC on Directv.