how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

battleop

join:2005-09-28

1 recommendation

AT&T Execs are out of touch.

I was recently at an event where an AT&T VP was speaking. During the Q&A he was asked about how they looked at Comcast as a threat. His response was that Comcast was absolutely not a threat because Comcast does not have a wireless network.

fwer q3

@swbell.net
said by battleop:

I was recently at an event where an AT&T VP was speaking. During the Q&A he was asked about how they looked at Comcast as a threat. His response was that Comcast was absolutely not a threat because Comcast does not have a wireless network.

AT&T is a wireless company - i keep expecting them to spin the wireline stuff into a "waiting to die while milking the cash" company.

Morac
Cat god

join:2001-08-30
Riverside, NJ
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to battleop
said by battleop:

Actually they do, granted they use Clearwire's and Sprint's networks, but still.
--
The Comcast Disney Avatar has been retired.

iansltx

join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Verizon Online DSL
Comcast's wireless side is just a way for them to say that they do quadruple play, competing with Verizon and AT&T. They aren't a wireless company, just like AT&T apparently isn't a DSL company. Low caps and high monthly fees mean that wireless is profitable to them, more so than DSL apparently.

iansltx

join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Verizon Online DSL
reply to fwer q3
Maybe they'll sell all their wireline assets to CenturyLink somewhere around 2015. If CenLink doesn't buy Sprint first anyway.

If they do buy Sprint then AT&T will backpedal since they will be competing with CL+Sprint and VZ+VZW on the grand stage of things. But if the spinoff does happen then it'll be similar to what Sprint did with the whole Embarq spinoff. Interesting to watch...

battleop

join:2005-09-28
reply to Morac
They don't own and operate the wireless network like AT&T does theirs. We may see a Sprint / Clearwire merger in the future and then we may see Centurylink or Comcast try and buy that company.

Suntop
Premium
join:2000-03-23
Fairfield, MT
Reviews:
·3Rivers Communic..
reply to battleop
Yeah smoke another one Randall. He's not stoned enough. WTH does a wireless network have to do with DSL? and WTH does that have to do with seeing Comcast as a threat? My gosh they must be on some good drugs. Because apparently they think that providing 3G should be limited. Unlike my provider who is GSM and does not have 3G yet and has truly unlimited internet. They have a 5gb softcap but it does not charge you for a bit over that and they charge 50 a month. It is possible to go over that quota and if you do they do not care one bit.

So begs the question, WTF is with the caps? If my provider has no limit why does AT&T (it is just a money grab if you ask me!)

Some lucky guy In Rural Montana who has FREE unlimited talk/text and internet cell phone service. (Those in Montana call Cellular One and ask if their address qualifies for the 30 for 30 plan.)
--
The following statement is true...
The preceding statement was false!!--George Carlin

NoLuckChuck

@teksavvy.com
As can be seen in Europe as the price of bandwidth keeps on falling wireless may end up as free wi-fi hotspots everywhere. This would put a crimp in At&T at the very least. Anyone carrying a laptop would be hooked up to the internet at no cost. This is what i see in the future so AT&T is probably in big, big trouble in the future.