how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

SillyTW

@rr.com

[TWC] Ubee U10C022 Password?

Hello!

A quick search on the forum displayed nothing, so apologies if this question has already been answered.

I recently had Road Runner Internet for the first time (I just moved to a new apartment), and I was hoping to play around with the settings on my Ubee U10C022 wireless modem/router. However, I'm unable to access the 192.168.0.1 "Login" area with the username and password of "user". Is the default username and password for these modems no longer "user"? Or did the TW tech change this?

Relevant information:

Cable Modem Information
Cable Modem : DOCSIS 2.0 Compliant
Serial Number : A4H1D16005362
Boot Code Version : 2.1.7d
Software Version : 6.1.3008
Hardware Version : 2.33
CA Key : Installed

MTA Information
CA Key : Installed

Thank you!

TWCdude

join:2006-04-28
San Antonio, TX
kudos:23

try admin/cableroot

SillyTW

@rr.com

said by TWCdude:

try admin/cableroot

No luck! Thank you for the quick response, though.

war59312

join:2001-03-02
Elgin, SC
reply to SillyTW

admin user

?

Is there a reset hole on the back? Might loose access to Internet though if you do this. Ugh!

SillyTW

@rr.com

said by war59312:

admin user

?

Is there a reset hole on the back? Might loose access to Internet though if you do this. Ugh!

Sadly, those credentials didn't work either. Thank you, though.

Yup, looks like I might have to go that method. Any others anyone can think of before I try that last resort?

G0d

@rr.com

Sounds like a service call waiting to be scheduled to me. Just leave it alone before you break it then go bashing your isp because the modem crapped out on you and you have to wait to get a new one.

SillyTW

@rr.com

said by G0d :

Sounds like a service call waiting to be scheduled to me. Just leave it alone before you break it then go bashing your isp because the modem crapped out on you and you have to wait to get a new one.

True, which is why I'll make sure to be careful.

My main hope is that I could change the password from a random set of 12 characters that TW set so when I have guests over it doesn't take 8 tries to get the password correct. Additionally, I'd like to change the security from WPA to WPA2.

If anyone has other ideas, I'd be curious to hear.

Thanks again.

try user for the username and user for the password... it works on mine and I have the same router...

SillyTW

@rr.com

said by AlexZelenski :

try user for the username and user for the password... it works on mine and I have the same router...

Ah, shoot. No luck either. Thanks, though.

TWCdude

join:2006-04-28
San Antonio, TX
kudos:23
reply to SillyTW

can try a factory reset and try the password again but user/user or admin/cableroot should work

SillyTW

@rr.com

I posted in the direct forum, and a rep informed me of the following:

The default passwords are changed within each division...You can call your local division and ask for Tier 3 support.
Just FYI in case this issue appears for anyone else.

VZBTech
Premium
join:2007-12-15
Apex, NC
reply to SillyTW

Try the last 8 of your MAC address for the username without any dashes or colons. And try password c0nf1gur3m3

SillyTW

@rr.com

said by VZBTech:

Try the last 8 of your MAC address for the username without any dashes or colons. And try password c0nf1gur3m3

Tried the last 8 of the router MAC, and tried the entire 12 without colons/dashes. No luck.

Very, very curious to hear what this turns out to be. I'm going to have my roommate call next week (he's the one on the bill).

freakout9903
Premium
join:2001-04-19
Gastonia, NC

I had a different ubee router installed today for my extreme 30/5 service. try user/user

its late, sorry just re-read your post -_- .