spc
uniqs
Rock_Lobster
join:2011-06-22
Streamwood, IL

Rock_Lobster to Just_Dan

to Just_Dan

Re: WOW connectivity issues even with new equipment

The first test I posted before was from my laptop connected via wireless to the router and modem. And the 2nd test that I posted today was using my PC. I've had friends/family connect to my router and have the same type of problems.

I know you're going by the numbers I provide and it's not a whole lot of information. Is there's any way to get WoW to run a new line for me (read that as, run a line and not send a guy out to say it's fine)? It's the only thing that hasn't been done.

I've had the problem on multiple systems connected to several different modem/router setups and nothing has changed. We've determined that it's not a cabling problem in the house.

If WoW doesn't want to run a new line then I'm probably just going to switch to Comcast.

nadams5755
join:2001-11-13
San Jose, CA

nadams5755

you sure a squirrel didn't chew through your line and now it needs to be replaced?
wowcoder
join:2010-03-04

wowcoder to Rock_Lobster

to Rock_Lobster
While I understand your frustration, if the line readings are coming out fine, why would WOW spend the time/money to replace it? Especially when all the evidence you've posted on here indicates that it ISN'T the line.

Just_Dan
Premium Member
join:2011-03-24
Denver, CO

Just_Dan to Rock_Lobster

Premium Member

to Rock_Lobster
You can call and ask for a technician to come out and replace the line. I can't tell you what it's going to cost though, you will probably get charged for the truck roll. Installing a new drop is pretty quick and easy though, so it shouldn't take long once the tech is on site, as long as your yard doesn't have some crazy setup. Your best bet would be to call customer service and see if they can get that set up for you, specifically to replace the drop with a new one.