All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
tnsprin
join:2003-07-23
Bradenton, FL

tnsprin

[IMG] Do you like the guide in IMG 1.9(a)

Poll
Do you like the new Guide?

Yes

No_

Votes:99

Note Please do not vote until you have had the guide and used it for about a week. Note voting on the guide only, not other things about IMG 1.9,

PS: I can't vote yet as I haven't received 1.9 yet.

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2

Premium Member

Who is voting no?

MuDvAyNe
Premium Member
join:2002-03-02
Brooklyn, NY

MuDvAyNe

Premium Member

said by WK2:

Who is voting no?

The people still stuck on 1.8?

Drunkula
Premium Member
join:2000-06-12
Denton, TX

Drunkula to tnsprin

Premium Member

to tnsprin
I can't vote yet.
jaw2012
join:2008-08-01
King Of Prussia, PA

jaw2012 to tnsprin

to tnsprin
While I do enjoy the true HD widescreen guide, the background and the font need some work.

So I guess my vote would be "needs some work, but good start!"

WK2
Premium Member
united state

WK2 to MuDvAyNe

Premium Member

to MuDvAyNe
said by tnsprin:

Note Please do not vote until you have had the guide and used it for about a week.

Niarlan
Excelsior
Premium Member
join:2002-11-09
Manville, NJ

Niarlan to tnsprin

Premium Member

to tnsprin
I've had the 1.9 for so long now (beta) that I can't even remember what the 1.8 was like anymore. But I like the 1.9 more I do remember that much

Nia

rpjoe
Premium Member
join:2007-09-22
Rochelle Park, NJ

rpjoe

Premium Member

x2 Niarlan. i've had 1.9 for a while too but i can really appreciate it when i go to my brothers house and see 1.8

MuDvAyNe
Premium Member
join:2002-03-02
Brooklyn, NY

MuDvAyNe to WK2

Premium Member

to WK2
said by WK2:

said by tnsprin:

Note Please do not vote until you have had the guide and used it for about a week.

You know as well as I know that people are not going to listen lol. Either way I am waiting for my 1.9 update and I know I will love the guide

WK2
Premium Member
united state

WK2 to tnsprin

Premium Member

to tnsprin
I saw the banner saying a new Fios tv is coming soon

keyboards
join:2001-02-14
Doylestown, PA

keyboards to tnsprin

to tnsprin
Had 1.9 for a long time (beta tester).

Love the many enhancements like:

eSATA storage expansion (have 1 TB on my 7216)
Extending a started recording
Saved searches
Widescreen guide (although I agree with some that the contrast could be better)
Additional options for guide MODE (like subscribed)
Video resolution pass-thru (1080i as 1080i, 720p as 720p, etc.)
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky to tnsprin

to tnsprin
Is it true that the 16:9 guide won't be available to people with 64xx series boxes? The email says the new features won't be available in 2500 series boxes, but I remember people saying the new guide won't be in 64xx either.
JPL
Premium Member
join:2007-04-04
Downingtown, PA

JPL

Premium Member

said by ansky:

Is it true that the 16:9 guide won't be available to people with 64xx series boxes? The email says the new features won't be available in 2500 series boxes, but I remember people saying the new guide won't be in 64xx either.

Correct - the 6xxx boxes don't support the HD guide.
tnsprin
Bradenton, FL

tnsprin

Time for those of you in California and Texas to add your votes.

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

bohratom to ansky

to ansky
said by ansky:

Is it true that the 16:9 guide won't be available to people with 64xx series boxes?

64xx and 2500-p3 will receive the 1.9a upgrade but due to its graphic processor limitation not the 16:9 guide. Everything else including color scheme though will be updated (no esata for 6416 also).
tnsprin
Bradenton, FL

tnsprin

Time to hear from those in Philly and NJ, who got 1.9(a) last week.

stevec325
join:2008-09-16
Newtown, PA

stevec325

I just voted YES.

mm
I Did It My Way
Premium Member
join:2001-04-07
Summerville, SC

mm to WK2

Premium Member

to WK2
Probably the ones that don't like anything that changes.

QuaffAPint
A Big Thanks To The Troops
join:2001-01-10
Downingtown, PA

QuaffAPint to tnsprin

to tnsprin
I don't mind changes - I just don't like the look of it - Reminds me of a bad version of the Silver XP theme.

Steely
I rise when the sun goes down
Premium Member
join:2000-10-15
Princeton Junction, NJ

Steely to tnsprin

Premium Member

to tnsprin
said by tnsprin:

Time to hear from those in Philly and NJ, who got 1.9(a) last week.

If you're asking only about the display of the main guide page, my only real complaint is that on a 50" plasma the minuscule live TV window in the upper-lefthand corner looks like a postage stamp from my usual viewing position, about 15' away.

lakerfan82
join:2009-01-30
Corona, CA

lakerfan82

Steely, go into the settings and set the guide to "classic" view. The live TV window will be a bit larger with that view...

Steely
I rise when the sun goes down
Premium Member
join:2000-10-15
Princeton Junction, NJ

Steely

Premium Member

said by lakerfan82:

Steely, go into the settings and set the guide to "classic" view. The live TV window will be a bit larger with that view...

I think I tried that and it cut off one or two lines of channel information without making the TV window appreciably larger but I'll take another look. Thanks.

stevec325
join:2008-09-16
Newtown, PA

1 edit

stevec325 to Steely

to Steely

If you're asking only about the display of the main guide page, my only real complaint is that on a 50" plasma the minuscule live TV window in the upper-lefthand corner looks like a postage stamp from my usual viewing position, about 15' away.

I'd actually prefer the old option of transparent, without the stupid little video window. Even at the old size, it's useless.

Agrajag
join:2005-04-04
Sewell, NJ

Agrajag to tnsprin

to tnsprin
It's a great update with lots of nice features but it's still got a ways to go in areas.

On the plus side I love the Recently Deleted. It already saved my from a wife brow-beating for accidentally deleting Modern Family.

I love being able to finally add and delete things to the DVR from the non-DVR upstairs.

I love the "Channel" guide (which I call the TiVo guide).

Obviously the wide space use is great and the option to go eSata which I don't need yet but will.

However, the font is an issue for me. I had lasik surgery and I'm one of those that it didn't work out with. The old guide was no problem. This one I have major issues reading. It all blurs together.

Chapters is a great idea! Very welcome but the thumbnails (for me) are missing more than they've been available.

The box is really buggy now. I get lock-ups often when I had none before.
GinoD397
join:2007-08-27
Succasunna, NJ

GinoD397 to tnsprin

to tnsprin
The new guide is garbage. Whoever laid this mess out needs a lesson in ergonomics, especially in the area of readability. I have a 46" LED Sony, and I can't make out some of the text from 4 feet away. How do you explain miniscule white text on a light gray background? Verizon maintains you can "customize" your guide to your wishes, then how come you can't make it readable? It's also slow, period. Recording programming is limited, since you can't go out more than two weeks in advance. The picture of the channel you were on when you called up the guide is ridiculous. At least make it possible to go back to the last issue of the guide.

joe01880
join:2007-10-26
Wakefield, MA

joe01880

said by GinoD397:

The new guide is garbage. Whoever laid this mess out needs a lesson in ergonomics, especially in the area of readability. I have a 46" LED Sony, and I can't make out some of the text from 4 feet away. How do you explain miniscule white text on a light gray background? .

I also have a Sony, a 46NX810, it will be intersting to see the new guide once it gets here. I mentioned in other threads that some folks are color blind, mixing near like colors are going to play ticks on some of us especially if its blurry to start with.

northnj
@qwest.net

northnj to GinoD397

Anon

to GinoD397
The fonts are way too small. the wife was asking me why I was squinting.
justin9876
join:2006-04-21
Mount Juliet, TN

justin9876

Click for full size
I think the new Guide is GREAT, very readable for this old nearsighted red-green colorblind guy. Here is a picture I took of it on my 6 year old 40" Sony LCD. Please, tell me what is wrong with this?
ClearToLand
join:2002-12-20
South Plainfield, NJ

1 edit

ClearToLand to tnsprin

to tnsprin
Where's the BUG LIST?

I've had it for about a month now and it crashes / reboots every few days.

mm
I Did It My Way
Premium Member
join:2001-04-07
Summerville, SC

mm

Premium Member

said by ClearToLand:

Where the BUG LIST?

I've had it for about a month now and it crashes / reboots every few days.

I have to agree on the reboots, 1.9 is really bad, mine also boots every few days. It's really annoying.