spc
uniqs
Rob2647
join:2008-08-12
Rochester, MI

Rob2647 to cheezheadsru

to cheezheadsru

Re: dvr issues since software update

That happened to me last week. I pulled up the recordings, hit the wrong button exited out of the menu of them went back and nothing was there but like 3 recordings, then 15-20 seconds or so the rest reappeared. I got between 60-70 recordings on my DVR.

I think the Motorola boxes are not quite fast enough for the new software update. Has it been any better with the Cisco boxes?

saladbar15
join:2009-07-18
Brighton, MA

saladbar15

said by Rob2647:

I think the Motorola boxes are not quite fast enough for the new software update. Has it been any better with the Cisco boxes?

I can definitely say that the Moto boxes don't seem to be able to handle the update that well. I can't speak for the Cisco boxes, however I have noticed that most, if not all, of the U-Verse advertisements I've seen since the update show the Cisco box, not the Motorola ones. It does make me curious...

Tel
join:2001-10-12
Mauldin, SC

Tel

The Cisco boxes, at least mine, seem to be having all of the above problems. I get the darkenig at times, the blank recordings, and slow erase. I didn't seem to notice these at first, but now they seem more prevalent.
WhyMe420
Premium Member
join:2009-04-06

WhyMe420 to saladbar15

Premium Member

to saladbar15
said by saladbar15:

said by Rob2647:

I can definitely say that the Moto boxes don't seem to be able to handle the update that well. I can't speak for the Cisco boxes, however I have noticed that most, if not all, of the U-Verse advertisements I've seen since the update show the Cisco box, not the Motorola ones. It does make me curious...

Been a while since I had U-verse TV but my Cisco boxes were painfully slow and this was way before the phase 3 update, so if people with Moto boxes are reporting even slower response times, I can almost guarantee the Cisco boxes have slowed down as well.

David0417
Premium Member
join:2001-02-22
Clover, SC

David0417 to Tel

Premium Member

to Tel
I am having the slow erase too, and I have a Cisco box and an XBOX 360 the slow erase happens when trying to erase from both boxes, it doesn't matter but it too is intermittent.
Learux
join:2001-10-23
Valencia, CA

Learux

Same here, menu is much more sluggish.

It works but you have to be more patient. Sometimes it takes a full second for the command to be executed.