Antonica
Premium Member
join:2002-09-02

1 edit

Antonica to Chaplain

Premium Member

to Chaplain

Re: [game] Game of Thrones

So I have to post this cause I got denied to call out all the BS because Arch talked to me.

Let me first off by saying I truly hope that over half the players re-read this game over and over again and learn at least one thing from this game. There are SEVERAL things you can learn, but even just one would probably help the community out.

I guess I get frustrated cause I'm usually town, and I'm always dead right off the bat. That's cause the mafia knows that I'm a decent player and I will nail their ass to the ground if I'm alive long enough.

Lets start with how wrong everyone was. Do you guys read the game? Do you read how people die? There are clues all around you. I came out and mentioned that I had blocked Arch. That's why the L-2 DID NOT DIE, because was blocked from the start of the game. He couldn't shoot, even admitted it, posting it in the game... and I said I blocked him, and for whatever reason NO ONE could figure out why the L-2 didn't die? You bought Dez's bs arguement that he was some one shot whatever? COME ON!!!!!!!! Even if he was that role, we just proved LAST GAME that the role he mentioned is a mafia role. I can't believe the amount of crap you guys buy into.... and it's ALL in the game for you to read and sort out yourself.

Too many people rely on someone else to figure it out for them, and then just agree. That's the downfall of the town 90% of the time. You guys are your own players are and MORE than capable of thinking for yourself. Start doing it!!!! It doesn't mean that someone can't figure it out first and post and you realize and go along. Sometimes yes it is tricky cause there is fluff and FUD and you have to sort it out, but come on, when it's right there in previous posts.. take the time to figure it out!

The fact that Jim was silenced day 1 and day 2... and you guys thought he was the silencer? Pffffffffffft. Small chance of it happening. Yes it could have happened, but realistically and when you break it down to the numbers, chances were Jim was town, and not mafia. Why would he admit he didn't know who targeted him when his role was to find out who targeted him when there were so few players left? It would be suicide. For everyone who voted for Jim... please re-read the game.

So that's the two bigger things that got to me this game, and hopefully you can re-read and see where you went wrong the other several times and fix it for the next game! (IE Modem clearing me, and finding arch, and you wanna question if he was the Cop???????)

And from now on, should it OFFICALLY be known that Dez is no longer the fail player of mafia......

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
join:2002-10-11
USA

Chaplain

Premium Member

Be nice.

Antonica
Premium Member

Antonica

Premium Member

That was the nice version
Antonica

Antonica to Chaplain

Premium Member

to Chaplain
We all have bad games, but there are more and more that are getting better, and we just get stuck dealing with people not playing! Everyone is able to play, so play Don't let the mafia play for you.

Jim7
Premium Member
join:2003-02-10

Jim7

Premium Member

said by Antonica:

Don't let the mafia play for you.

But when you're mafia (not you in particular), that's when it's fun.

Antonica
Premium Member

Antonica

Premium Member

well yeahhhhhhh hehe.

Just saying being town most of the time, I want the fellow townies to step up and read the game and play it. It's more fun if we can nail 3 mafia in a row instead of just 2...

Dezbend
MVM
join:2001-04-20

Dezbend to Antonica

MVM

to Antonica
we should have lost the day after arch died. that no one saw what you saw amazed me. arch tried to protect me by going after me, but I thought it was over the top. No one remembered the role block later, and I was glad of it, but you are right, that should have been a home run for the town, the mafia won on errors.

and realistically it was a tie not a win.

but still a fun theme, thank you Kris for setting it up.

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
USA

Chaplain

Premium Member

When town cannot possibly win, it's a mafia victory. I could have let it go on. Men and tmod would have eventually realized that Modem was silenced, and would have had to either vote No Lynch or given up. It's not like you were going to vote yourself. They could have also voted off Modem, since there was some doubt there. I can't call it a tie.

tmodelt
join:2010-05-06
Hendersonville, NC

tmodelt to Antonica

to Antonica
said by Antonica:

CONGRATS TO MENINGITIS and TMODELT!!!!!!!

Not reading the whole thing but to you mam WHATEVER didnt see you pull out a Win Either and I forgot to tell you that everybody cant be as good as the great ANTONICA at MAFIA!!!!!

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
USA

Chaplain

Premium Member

Angry post is angry.

I don't think anyone is blaming anyone else. Just the concern that some participate more than others, but that's simply explained by how much free time people have to play. Everyone is different, and it's different depending on avialability. But if everyone who couldn't give 100% didn't play, we'd have no games in here.

tmodelt
join:2010-05-06
Hendersonville, NC

tmodelt

Maybe but at the end of ever game we have to hear this.

Antonica
Premium Member

Antonica

Premium Member

at the end of every game you have people who continually push for the rest of the players to step up and play if you sign up.

and that's not going to stop.

I'm not perfect and I screw up a lot, but at least I play and give in put and read the thread and not just expect someone else to play for me.
Antonica

Antonica to tmodelt

Premium Member

to tmodelt
and as long as i play good, I won't win, cause mafia kills me off and town fails to see whats right in front of them.

I'm not the only one posting that town failed HARD this game.

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
USA

Chaplain

Premium Member

Yes, but it's better to assist other players by kindly pointing out errors instead of rubbing noses in it. If we continue down that line, we'll have no one left who wants to play with us.

Just being diplomatic about it.

Antonica
Premium Member

Antonica

Premium Member

True, but I could have been much worse :P

Some may take it as rubbing noses in it, but the past how many games have proven a pattern. When myself or someone else tries to point out how to do something, or ask for a re-read of the game, how many people actually take it as hey, maybe I could learn from this... not many if any at all. I'm putting it out there again to go ahead and re-read and see what went wrong.

Dez has said it better than anyone else so far.... town failed to see what was right in front of them, cause no one took the effort to read it. That's part of playing. I've had games where I got over whelmed and couldn't read all 8 pages, but for the most part, just put in your share of effort into it and it'll come.

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
USA

Chaplain

Premium Member

said by Antonica:

Dez has said it better than anyone else so far.... town failed to see what was right in front of them, cause no one took the effort to read it. That's part of playing. I've had games where I got over whelmed and couldn't read all 8 pages, but for the most part, just put in your share of effort into it and it'll come.

That's a good way to put it. But, some people will still miss things or misinterpret due to not coming across that role type or situation before. We do have a lot of experience over some of the other players.

Antonica
Premium Member

Antonica

Premium Member

Jim tried to lynch Dez... no one wanted to listen to him :P
Antonica

Antonica to Chaplain

Premium Member

to Chaplain
Sometimes that's a problem too, people think if they haven't seen/heard it before, then it just must not be true. Just over all, people need to use their guts as well as read the game to be able to get it right.