Dezbend
MVM
join:2001-04-20

Dezbend to Chaplain

MVM

to Chaplain

Re: [game] Game of Thrones

Things I feel bad about, but did anyway in this game:

1. I don't like the silencer role to begin with, and was sad to get it. I hate when someone is targeted multiple days, it makes for unhappy game play by the targeted party. I choose Jim day one because he, unfortunately, had not checked in yet and I thought people would believe he forgot about the game and wasn't playing... I kept it up in day two hoping he would die, and it would not become obvious that there was a silencer. I had to start silencing drmodem becuase I did not know who the doc was at that point, and assumed he would be immune to night kill. Sorry Jim and DrModem that your participation was restricted.

2. I hate killing off good players because they are good (the yock effect). I felt I HAD to kill antonica when I did. I was sure that, as the roleblocker, she would see what really happened. I am sorry antonica, it is not my intent to kill you off early every game, it just worked out this way this time.
Dezbend

Dezbend

MVM

said by Dezbend:

6d17h : 2011-07-14 20:23:31 : To Kristopher : delete · keep

I hate to kill antonica because she always gets killed, but she has the most logic.

I would kill the day cop, but I am sure a doc will protect him tonight, so I will use my silence on him tomorrow.

I hope proto just screws with the town and doesn't interrupt me... so...

Kill: antonica

you can tell her that I respect her so much to take her out early. she is my biggest threat IMO.

said by Dezbend:

6d17h : 2011-07-14 20:20:24 : To Kristopher : delete · keep

it would have been more epic if arch would have blown me up.... with my unvote, and the attempt arch made to clear me, I think I am toast.

I will make a couple of my IMs public...

Jim7
Premium Member
join:2003-02-10

Jim7 to Dezbend

Premium Member

to Dezbend
You bring up a very good point with item 2.

As mafia, it is your duty to do what you feel is best for the clan.
Without better information (i.e. role claim), I think it best to kill off the best players no matter who they are. You're right in that this may lead to eliminating those who play more and are more involved (which in itself can lead to being "better"), but that's just the way it is.

I'm really bad at this. There is absolutely no reason to apologize. You should use the tools you are given.
I know a huge part of our loss was my fault. I'm pretty sure we could have gotten you in the end anyway, but you did it right.
What's that now 1 and 34?

Dezbend
MVM
join:2001-04-20

Dezbend

MVM

something like that, a broken clock is right twice a day and all that, eh?

I am hoping this turns a new leaf for me, and I win 34 in a row now.

Antonica
Premium Member
join:2002-09-02

Antonica

Premium Member

I hate the silencer role too, but thanks for posting your stuff. I'm my own worst enemy :P

and @BR - You listing who you've hide behind can help the town too cause it will clear those people as town. Keep that in mind for next time
Antonica

Antonica to Dezbend

Premium Member

to Dezbend
rofl, go Dez!!!!

DrModem
Trust Your Doctor
Premium Member
join:2006-10-19
USA

DrModem

Premium Member

My next investigation target was going to be dez, simply because of Arch mentioning his name in his death spiral. That was way too predictable Arch

However I got silenced every single day after I came forward, and this is my main complaint about the game. The addition of the silencer was stupid. I don't care that there was a roleblocker, it doesn't matter. The silencer ensured that anyone targeted was effectively a dead person who wasn't dead, unless the roleblocker happened to hit them, and then once the roleblocker was taken out it became impossible to counter. I was taken OUT OF THE GAME. In fact I would probably have just said something on purpose and got modkilled if the game was still going at this point. What would be the point of not doing that? I was essentially dead and out of the game already. Might as well contribute something on the way out.

This is the only role I have ever said this about: frankly, an unlimited silencer role is impossible to balance without an army of blockers or switchers to counter it, and as such I never want to see it in a game again. It's retarded.

Otherwise it was a fun game for however long I got to play it.
DrModem

DrModem to Dezbend

Premium Member

to Dezbend
said by Dezbend:

Sorry Jim and DrModem that your participation was restricted.

I wasn't restricted I was virtually killed. But that's Kris's fault not yours :P

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
join:2002-10-11
USA

Chaplain

Premium Member

:P

tmodelt
join:2010-05-06
Hendersonville, NC

tmodelt to DrModem

to DrModem
said by DrModem:

said by Dezbend:

Sorry Jim and DrModem that your participation was restricted.

I wasn't restricted I was virtually killed. But that's Kris's fault not yours :P

Exactly seems slighted a little for the dezinator doesnt it?
tmodelt

tmodelt

Just playin good game guys and good win DEZ