FTBoomer

join:2011-04-22
Tampa, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert

Re: [Internet] Best Routers for Bridged Networks

said by BHNtechXpert:

said by FTBoomer:

hahaaaa No problem man. I was too embarrassed to say it but
Fine then, after 20 years, I'm switching to FIOS an still want to use the ASUS but they need to keep their router for the WHDVR and guide interaction.

Ohhh Boomer... you didn't...

In that case turn DHCP off on the Asus anbd yes set it up as you thought. The Asus will no longer function as a router just as an expensive 4 port switch. So lets put that in the strike one category for FiOS. Now there isn't anything by some chance that one of my friends at BHN could offer you to lets say make ya change your mind now is there If you are still open to options PM me.

Thanks isp, actually I will turn the radio off on the FIOS router and use the ASUS as my primary but in order to do that, I need to change the base LAN IP to 192.168.2.1 which is what prompted my original question (which you still didn't answer or maybe you did)

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:151
said by FTBoomer:

said by BHNtechXpert:

said by FTBoomer:

hahaaaa No problem man. I was too embarrassed to say it but
Fine then, after 20 years, I'm switching to FIOS an still want to use the ASUS but they need to keep their router for the WHDVR and guide interaction.

Ohhh Boomer... you didn't...

In that case turn DHCP off on the Asus anbd yes set it up as you thought. The Asus will no longer function as a router just as an expensive 4 port switch. So lets put that in the strike one category for FiOS. Now there isn't anything by some chance that one of my friends at BHN could offer you to lets say make ya change your mind now is there If you are still open to options PM me.

Thanks isp, actually I will turn the radio off on the FIOS router and use the ASUS as my primary but in order to do that, I need to change the base LAN IP to 192.168.2.1 which is what prompted my original question (which you still didn't answer or maybe you did)

Actually I did. Told ya everything ya needed to do If still having issues let me know.
--
"I can’t give you a surefire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time."
~ Herbert Bayard Swope