spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Xperts

@119.153.78.x

voip.ms limits the account without any reason

I had been using voip.ms for almost 3 years now and been paying them about $1000 per month. But of recent I have been having big issues like service unavailable to Uk and Canada routes. Tried the premium route with same result. The support staff tell ms me that your channels limit has been dropped down to 3 from 15 without giving me any reason why is it so? Looking for another voip provider so I can say a final goodbye to voip.ms.

ArgMeMatey

join:2001-08-09
Milwaukee, WI
kudos:2
Have you tried asking them to raise it back to 15? I would think if they deny your request they would give you a reason.

Can you speculate on reasons that they might not be making money on your account?

PX Eliezer70
Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
kudos:13
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
said by ArgMeMatey:

Can you speculate on reasons that they might not be making money on your account?

Seems very strange.

Voip.MS is strictly PAYG for outbound calls....

But the OP is from Pakistan. If he was spending so much money each month, maybe he was reselling the service, or tunneling, or doing something else the company didn't like.

A company does NOT get rid of a good customer for no reason!

BingoRingo

join:2010-03-29
Gatineau, QC
kudos:1
reply to Xperts
Xperts were you using this service to make telemarketing calls?

PX Eliezer70
Premium
Hutt River
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
said by BingoRingo:

Xperts were you using this service to make telemarketing calls?

At $1,000 a month it's either that, or a LOT of girlfriends!!

BingoRingo

Gatineau, QC
Reviews:
·voip.ms

1 recommendation

Let's assume he used the value route and only called North America, that means he uses 192,307 minutes/month.

Divide this by 15 channels, it's 12,820 minutes/month per line, or almost 214 hours. Let's divide this by 30 days it means each line uses more than 7 hours A DAY including weekends.

Either our little friend is lying about his monthly bill or he's one hell of a telemarketer (most likely a scammer), which if it is the case, I'm more than happy to see that voip.ms doesn't mind cutting their profit to get rid of its unethical customers.

EDIT: I don't think Xperts will come back here

PX Eliezer70
Premium
Hutt River
Agree with all of that, and kudos to Voip.MS

Xperts

@119.153.143.x
Interesting to see people do reply on posts here.

First of all, yes I am reselling their service via their reseller portal. If they provide a reseller portal, they want me to resell don't they?

second, before opening an account I mentioned specifically "Can I send Call Center Traffic?" The sales agent asked would it be dialer traffic. I said no and it will be manual dialing. As I said it was home users as well as manual dialing call centers.

I have asked them to raise the limit or give me a reason, as to why the blockage. They don't tell me its because of my call center traffic, just respond as "Our Account Management department denied your request."

Anyway, if there is any good voip termination company out there with a reseller portal, and able to handle call center traffic, please respond.

Thank you all for your comments.

MZB

join:2010-11-25
Dunrobin, ON
reply to Xperts
Sounds unfair now you've explained your situation a bit more.

You really should try and get an explanation from voip.ms as to the reason. It could be limited capacity somewhere, a request from one of their suppliers, a maximum risk they want to take on a single customer, maximum risk they are willing to accept if an account drops to zero funds, or complaints about telemarketing calls, or ...

I don't see any channel limit on my account except on DIDs (maximum simultaneous incoming calls), and then it varies with the DID. If the problem is at that level, it may be an issue with the local telecom provider they deal with.

Did you try a support ticket / live chat / telephone? Might be an answer the first level support people are unaware of.

BingoRingo

Gatineau, QC
reply to Xperts
If you're a reseller maybe one or more of your customers did something against voip.ms' policies?

Xperts

@nayatel.pk
reply to MZB
yes I have tried to in support chat multiple times and opened ticket but the response was..

"We cannot raise you channel limits for now, you are welcome to try again..".. .

Funny isn't it. they can just tel me we can wont be able to raise your channel limit at all. The issue is at their UK route most, bearable on North America route.

I keep my balance threshold at $50. I lost quite a few clients because of this, as I said in my first post I am researching for other voip providers with similar rates.

uptil now I have found group3 (per sec billing and much lower value and gold rate, Gafachi giving per sec billing on usa route and per min rate lot less then voip.ms. Sippath is another option (their canada route is down mostly but is good on europe route) will be posting more if I find any.

My termination requirement is europe, north america and australia and I am looking for about 50 plus concurrent calls. kindly post if someone can help me in this regard.

Thank you.