how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

matt8911

join:2006-12-03
Riverside, CA

[Modem] No DSL synchronisation on basic lifeline telephone line

Hi guys Its me again, I am ready to give up the fight with earthlink support. I see no need to continue arguing that I should use my own modems and get no support from Earthlink DSL.
My latest attempt was met by failure. I hooked up the motorola 2200-02 modem with a 500mA power supply and got the message No DSL synchronisation in the modem setup page. I call earthlink to see if they will help and got told they can not help me because they do not support third party modems. Thought about buying a zytel modem, like the ones they support, and thought why should I continue to resist the support people at earthlink DSL?? I buy this modem and they will tell me they do not support it and tell me goodbye. The motorola modem was also running hot to touch this did not sound good to me. This could still be the wrong powersupply for this unit as I have not found the corerect P. S. AFAIK. I called to order today and my call was dropped on call one and then call two they transfer me to a sales line that dropped me again.
I told them that I was contacting you guys for help and they still tell me same story, buy a modem. One last question,I have is will DSL work on a line that is a basic lifeline with the cheapest service??? We had to apply with a form for this lifeline service and it is cheap. I hate to buy modem and then have to pay early termination fees if this service does not work and get a refund on the modem I ask tech support and they pause and say we test for service at time of sale and determine if service will work. Sounded like he was asking a superviser about that one. Short on time got to go let me know if you need any other information
matt8911

matt8911

Riverside, CA

Re: [Modem] No DSL synchronisation on basic lifeline telephone

Hi again I am updating this post to add information about this subject (No Snyc on Basic lifeline service). This is the second or third month in my struggle and here are the updates.
Most of time spent searching for the correct Power supply for the 2Wire modem/Router and just picked one up at ATT store last week. Again tried to work with Earthlink Tech support with all hardware up and waiting for setup. I had 2wire connected via ethernet to my GA-EP45-UD3LR HomeBuild PC. I erased the old username and password and tried entering my earthlink user and password. Now I am set I thought, this should do it!! All other settings were same as ATT setup in the past. This should work with a little help I thought? Called Earthlink Tech support and after a little run around on the phone Tech support finally told me they will not support third party modem/router equipment, even though I told them other people were using them with their service. I ask them again if it might be the limitations of the phone service and they decline to give me a clear answer only that I need to buy their modem. Then I started to ponder cancellation of service(even though there is no service). This leads to more phone tag and wonder about that 150.00 early termination fee (termination from what???). They smooth talk me in to waiting a week or two more. To be continued.......

matt8911

Riverside, CA
Finally caved and ordered the Zyxel modem, which arrived in about one week. Modem started to operate after a technician "Truck Roll". Speed is 153.5 KB/sec down and 40.1KB/sec up right now with no modifications or tweaks.
Matt8911 out.

matt8911test
Premium
join:2011-11-12
Riverside, CA
Hi again I just did some tests with my new account of matt8911test. I have a link for all of you from tweak tool.
»/tweakr/block:···a=normal
Thanks Guys for any help.