Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2002-12-03
United State
Reviews:
·TracFone Wireless
·CenturyLink

Strange problem

I'm starting a business; email is important. My ISP is small and rural. I started out with an email account that worked well. Before that I had a Google Gmail account for a long time. There was no email problem.

In theory, according to my engineer, neither of these accounts should "know" the other exists. And they didn't until Google discovered my ISP has a Google IMAP account. . ..

It has been a password hell ever since. I changed the password last week because I couldn't get into the IMAP email. I had to do it again today to send a 32KB file. I have not been able to access it since then. I have not been able to access the Gmail account either.

I read today that Google has decided to close all multiple accounts without notification, without legal recourse and without access to records. I have a legal record from Europe that pertains to records written in Latin from the 1550s in Gmail. Google has also decided they won't allow alias accounts. It is your real name or no account.

All I want is an email account that is efficient - that is not Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo or any of the free spam email accounts - for business that is dependable and private. I am willing to pay for it.

I am open to any all thoughts.

Thanks!
--
Mac: No windows, No Gates, Apple inside

LBDSL
Lightning Bolt

join:2002-01-07
Auburn Hills, MI

You need your own domain, and a hosting provider (assuming you don't want to run your own server)
--
Lightning Bolt Technologies

linicx
Caveat Emptor
Premium
United State
Reviews:
·TracFone Wireless
·CenturyLink

I have a domain and a host. What I don't have is dependable email and a Mac user to help me with the logo. Sorry if I sound rude, I'm frustrated, and angry with google. I can switch hosts, and parking, too. I'm running out of time.
--

linicx
Caveat Emptor
Premium
United State
Reviews:
·TracFone Wireless
·CenturyLink
reply to LBDSL

I have a domain and a host. What I don't have is dependable email and a Mac user to help me with the logo. Sorry if I sound rude, I'm frustrated, and angry with google. I can switch hosts, and parking, too. I'm running out of time.
--

tschmidt
Premium,MVM
join:2000-11-12
Milford, NH
kudos:9
Reviews:
·G4 Communications
·Fairpoint Commun..
·Hollis Hosting
reply to linicx

said by linicx:

I have a domain and a host. What I don't have is dependable email and a Mac user to help me with the logo.

If you have a registered domain name you should also have access to email under that domain. That should be independent of anything Google is doing.

I have a gmail account and it is entirely separate from my domain.

SterlingJ85

join:2000-11-19
Voorhees, NJ
reply to linicx

Intermedia offers the best Hosted Exchange (e-mail) in my opinion. »www.intermedia.net/exchange-host···ting.asp

Expand your moderator at work

linicx
Caveat Emptor
Premium
United State
Reviews:
·TracFone Wireless
·CenturyLink
reply to linicx

Re: Strange problem

I solved most of my problems. I switched from the local telco package that features (end of neighborhood) cable, VoIP (couldn't make a connection and hold a call, too) and 2MB/256KB Internet for $119 plus tax to the national telco with unlimited landline and 10MB/750KB for $40 for 5-years. Then I put Dish on two TVs for a guaranteed $30 for the first year and $50 for the second year. It still isn't going to be $120 plus tax for awhile. I have a landline that doesn't drop calls and a TV picture that has clear and realistic colors and a lot more choices for the buck.

The best part is I finally have an e-mail that does not collide with Gmail.
--

peter13

join:2011-11-18
reply to linicx

hello guys,i Am peter wiliam and recently joined your community.