spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

TheMayor

join:2002-05-09

How would an exterminator spray for yellow jackets/wasps?

Well I found out Monday evening by my wife, that our apt storage (off the deck) has yellow jackets or wasps. Whats interesting (or more lucky), is that I had to go in there & get a suit case & didn't see a single one & this was during the afternoon.

I found out they are going underneath the storage door (normal door). Maintainence came out on Wednesday morning, appearently saw a bunch, set up some traps & ran.

Well today an exterminator came out & because our storage has a bunch of stuff in it, saw apparently where (sounded like the general direction) of where they were coming from & that they built a nest inside one of the boxes.

So my question is how would an exterminator spray for yellow jackets without directly shooting at the nest?

My wife mentioned they sprayed the carpet (I assume inside the storage & the door (assume the bottom) & other areas, & to go & check the storage out in a week & go thru all the boxes.

The part I'm trying to comprehend is if all they sprayed was the carpet & bottom of the door, how is that going to kill the rest of them?

I would figure that he would have to spray the general area also (which would have been fine, since that side has mostly empty boxes anyway)

Thanks

The Pig
I know you want to be me
Premium
join:2009-09-11

They can smoke them out or use a bomb!

tmh

@comcastbusiness.net
reply to TheMayor

said by TheMayor:

Well I found out Monday evening by my wife, that our apt storage (off the deck) has yellow jackets or wasps. Whats interesting (or more lucky), is that I had to go in there & get a suit case & didn't see a single one & this was during the afternoon.

Some hornets decided to nest in my mailbox. I found out the hard way when I drove up to the box and opened it. A bunch of them got into the car and were real mad. Maybe because the radio was playing Justin Bieber at that time.

DMWCincy

join:2004-04-27
Fairfield, OH
reply to TheMayor

Depends on the method of killing them. You can spray directly, smoke them out, or use a powder. The powder is put in the entrance to the nest and you let the bees/wasp/hornets carry it in to poison the queen and such. From my experience in having a yellow jacket nest in my siding the powder tends to work best since you can never be sure you are spraying the nest and you are not sure the smoke reaches the nest itself. The powder since it sticks to the bee and gets carried in has a higher chance of reaching the destination.

gar187er
I do this for a living

join:2006-06-24
Dover, DE
kudos:4
reply to TheMayor

id say smoke.....spray needs to be direct......powder ehhhhhh....

when i come across them i find a blowtorch the most direct and quickest way to killing them, but seeing as your infestation is indoors, that kind of throw that idea out the window...

good luck....
--
I'm better than you!