Premium
join:2004-09-19
Rio Rancho, NM
kudos:1
Reviews:
·CableOne

1 recommendation

Java and Flash Based Speed Tests Show Inaccurate Results

I have Qwest (now CenturyLink) DSL with 40/5 service. When I run a speedtest on either CenturyLink's own speedtest site, Speedtest.net, or Speakeasy, I get an average of 37.5/4.7 results.

However, when I run either the Java or Flash based test here on DSLR, my upload speed is correct, but my download speed shows about 5mbps. Does anyone know why? Thanks.
--
"I Was Very Drunk At The Time" - Pink Floyd, Dark Side Of The Moon

raybrett

join:2001-02-20
Saint Louis, MO

I have 12/1.5 service via U-verse internet and I have essentially the same question. If I test on speedtest.net or speakeasy, I get download speeds in the 11 range and uploads in the 1.4 range. I get about the same results on PCPitstop also. On DSLreports Java speedtest I get about 6.5 dow and 1.4 up. It doesn't make much difference whether I select an east coast, west coast or middle test location. It seems that there may be a problem with the speedtests on the DSLReports tools. Is there someone at dslreports that is knowledgeable regarding the tests that can investigate?

lordpuffer
RIP lil
Premium
join:2004-09-19
Rio Rancho, NM
kudos:1

Thank you for confirming this.....I'm going to reference this thread in the "Site Bugs" Forum.
--
Obama in 2012.....No More TeaBaggers To Ruin The Country!