uniqs

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

1 edit

Gone

Premium Member

So Cogeco is screwing us - More Price Increases!!!

Welp, Cogeco had finally done it.

Standard is now called Turbo 14. It now has an 80GB limit - whoopty-fucking-do. Price is going up by $2/month to $48.95.

But the big zinger - instead of a $30 maximum, it's now $50.

So this has effectively increased my internet by $22/month.

I only just got the call from home with the letter so I haven't yet seen it. I'll scan it when I get home. There is absolutely zero information about this on their website, they still list the same packages.

I'm going to put an antenna on the roof and cancel all my TV services, that should more than cover the extra $20 that Cogeco sees fit to milk from me for Internet service.
ancodia
join:2006-07-10
canada

1 edit

ancodia

who did you think would foot the bill for their f**kup in the Portuguese market? Surely you didn't think it was the dumbass at the top who insisted it was a wise investment and all the overpaid yes-men who joined in the circle jerk with him. Of course it would be you, the customer, who will pay for it. Whats worse, they all got their performance bonuses too. One only needs to look at their poor rating on their corporate bonds to realize the company is poorly run and in serious need of management overhaul.

So suck it up buttercup, they need to squeeze a few more bucks out of all you RGUs. Bend over and assume the position.

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

Click for full size
In this day and age of consumer backlash toward UBB, it's nice to see that Cogeco is moving in the complete and opposite direction of the industry.

It's also nice to see that I don't even have Ultimate 30 available to me which actually has some value to it compared to this bullshit.

Thanks for nothing, Cogeco.
Gone

Gone

Premium Member

And I love how they say they've "enhanced" my high speed to make it a better experience.

Sure as hell doesn't look like anything has been enhanced.
intolerantjk
join:2010-07-14

intolerantjk to Gone

to Gone
And here I was briefly contemplating giving Cogeco a call and seeing if they had come to their senses. Clearly not.

Also, it's very evident that the retention rep I spoke to a while back who stated "we're coming out with packages to address higher usage" was lying through his fucking teeth.

Cogeco, you are making Rogers and Bell look good. Congratulations, it takes a special breed of idiot to take on that challenge and achieve victory. Well done.

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

said by intolerantjk:

Cogeco, you are making Rogers and Bell look good. Congratulations, it takes a special breed of idiot to take on that challenge and achieve victory. Well done.

Yeah no shit. Where's the 200-250GB plan? Even Pro/Ultimate 30 have pathetically low 120GB caps. Their effort to divert revenue to television through caps has failed, as I've got until the end of summer to put up an antenna and get rid of their, quite crappy I might add, television service. As I said, that should make up for the price increase.

So now I'm contemplating switching to one of the business packages and running the connection full bore 24/7, but either way I need to pay more. I absolutely cannot wait until the providers on aggregated TPIA go live. If I didn't live in Fort Erie, I would have already switched. I envy my mother in Niagara Falls with her unlimited TPIA 14/1 connection right now.
dan991199
join:2007-10-01
St Catharines, ON

dan991199

no iktel in FE yet?

neko
All Hail Canada
Premium Member
join:2006-08-11
Canada

neko to Gone

Premium Member

to Gone
A measly 20GB increase in usage allowance, no faster speeds, & a huge hike in maximum overage charges.

Cogeco reps have been hinting of new packages, 'coming soon', to meet the needs of their RGU's. Now they have landed, like a huge brown turd, directly into the toilet bowl.
said by ancodia:

...who did you think would foot the bill for their f**kup in the Portuguese market?...

Indeed, brother.

Even as we speak, the Cogeco consumer base are having extra milking tubes attached.

»youtu.be/aY_L5F4SpwU

GO COGECO!!

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to dan991199

Premium Member

to dan991199
said by dan991199:

no iktel in FE yet?

He figures by August, they're sorting out the aggregated POI stuff right now.
Gone

Gone

Premium Member

Has anyone got a letter regarding Ultimate 30, Ultimate 50, Pro or any of the Lite packages? Be sure to post it here if you do.

Wildbillgeco
@teksavvy.com

Wildbillgeco to Gone

Anon

to Gone
It is in direct relation to this:

»money.ca.msn.com/investi ··· losses-1

They have to get back in the black...only one way to do that. UP the prices and tell you they are making your service better.

Farchord
Lost somewhere.
join:2004-08-28
Shawinigan, QC

Farchord

I'm hoping they won't do that on the Quebec side, but if they do, I'll be forced to jump back to Teksavvy... Just wouldn't make sense anymore...
sickens
join:2009-01-26
Peterborough, ON

sickens to Gone

to Gone
This just be my final straw with Cogeco. I just wish I had another viable choice in Peterborough...

This is making the business packages look like not such a bad idea... Are they affected at all?

cogecoRGU00
@teksavvy.com

cogecoRGU00

Anon

yes, biz is still fine...for now, bwahahahaha
djforumsguy
join:2004-10-03
Hamilton, ON

djforumsguy to Gone

to Gone
Guess this means I'm cancelling. Hopefully I can get teksavvy cable.

ruddypict
join:2010-03-24

ruddypict to Gone

to Gone
That's a hefty jump in price. Maybe if enough people cut TV in retaliation Cogeco will get the message.

Anyone know about changes to the other tiers? Pro/U30/U50? I've already cut my cable TV but it might be cheaper for me to go on a dsl provider.
intolerantjk

intolerantjk

said by ruddypict:

That's a hefty jump in price. Maybe if enough people cut TV in retaliation Cogeco will get the message.

Nah, they'll just increase the Internet plan rates again to make up for lost television revenue.
ynottony
join:2005-11-18
Welland, ON

ynottony to Gone

to Gone
whoopy -fucking-do, this is worse than what I have now, I have 4 computers in the house and I'm always over the 60 gig cap by 50 gigs each month, and I don't even use bittorrent
this all youtube, battle net, wow updates etc.

Cogeco_Asa
Ignorance is bliss
join:2005-08-17
Trois-Rivieres, QC

Cogeco_Asa to Gone

to Gone
I would like to point our customers to this page to clarify what's happening exactly with the changes in the different packages Cogeco offers: »c0ge.co/qVOFpL

EDIT : this page is for Ontario only, there will be a Qc one in due time.
sickens
Peterborough, ON

sickens

That breakdown makes this whole thing look even worse. sad.

No maximum cap on the higher packages? No protection. None. Kind of scary.

tatty
join:2002-02-23
North York, ON

tatty

I can already see a news article about a family that was charged $1000+ for internet. Might as well write the base section and fill in the names/final numbers when it happens in November.
intolerantjk

intolerantjk to sickens

to sickens
said by sickens:

That breakdown makes this whole thing look even worse. sad.

No maximum cap on the higher packages? No protection. None. Kind of scary.

If you were on the cusp of hitting your bandwidth before or were slightly over these do look better. However, if don't have great grandchildren yet beware. No maximum overage fee and $1/GB . Grab your ankles folks, here it comes.

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

They're removing a maximum from Ultimate 30 and Ultimate 50?

What kind of fucking bullshit is that?

... wow. Cogeco has now just surpassed Bell as the biggest bullshit Internet provider in the country. They've really outdone themselves this time!
quote:
You’ll be impressed with these changes to your existing package:
Do these arrogant motherfuckers take us for a bunch of idiots? Holy shit, I have never been so... infuriated by something like this before. Good god!
sickens
Peterborough, ON

sickens

said by Gone:

Do these arrogant motherfuckers take us for a bunch of idiots? Holy shit, I have never been so... infuriated by something like this before. Good god!

Ditto.

I've been looking at changing ISP's all afternoon since I saw your initial post.

Hynixx
@cgocable.net

Hynixx to Gone

Anon

to Gone
It's really sad to see how much of a nose dive Cogeco has taken over the past few years. Been a customer for almost 10 years now with their internet and they used to be the best in terms of speed and bandwidth in this area.

Sadly I still have no choice in the matter as Bell's shitty network is horrible here. Too far away to receive their high speed services even though I'm within the city limits. Would gladly switch to Teksavvy or another reseller in a heartbeat if it were available to me

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

Now that Teksavvy has speed matching they are a much more viable alternative. Unfortunately for me, I live in a "regulated" market and will probably never see anything higher than 5Mbit/s DSL ever offered here for the next 100 years.

And to think, ten minutes away they have FiOS.
intolerantjk

intolerantjk to Gone

to Gone
quote:
You’ll be impressed with these changes to your fisting package:

I am impressed. Those are ballsy changes. Idiotic, but ballsy.

COGECORETARD
@pipex.com

COGECORETARD to tatty

Anon

to tatty
No maximum overage fee for Ultimate 30? Are you FUCKING KIDDING ME?

I don't usually swear, but people: THIS NEEDS TO BE NOTICED. HOLY SHIT.

Someone steals my Wifi, next thing I have a $2000 bill. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING COGECO?
COGECORETARD

COGECORETARD to Gone

Anon

to Gone
Also, forgot to add:

Everyone over whom I have any influence whatsoever: I will go out of my way to cancel their Cogeco service and switch them because of this. I don't care if you offer great service and I (used) to like you as a company. This is just batshit insane with no maximum overage.

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

My fiancee and I are going to give Shaw a call tomorrow. We'll still have to pay for TV, but it sure as fucking hell won't be giving another dime to Cogeco, and the moment a TPIA provider is available here we're bailing too.