Gbcue
Premium
join:2001-09-30
Santa Rosa, CA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

AT&T Unlimited Users

You are now welcome to join T-Mobile's much faster robust nationwide 4G HSPA+ network with the same throttling and lower cost.

To those who would rather pay for overages instead of being throttled, I'm sure AT&T would gladly let you switch to a data overage plan.
--
My Blog 2.2

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
said by Gbcue:

You are now welcome to join T-Mobile's much faster robust nationwide 4G HSPA+ network with the same throttling and lower cost.

To those who would rather pay for overages instead of being throttled, I'm sure AT&T would gladly let you switch to a data overage plan.

And how long will TMO's cost structure and network mgt practices survive the AT&T takeover?
--
Record your speedtest.net results in DSLReports SpeedWave
»www.speedtest.net/wave/afe201cb84d45c88

sonicmerlin

join:2009-05-24
Cleveland, OH
kudos:1
reply to Gbcue
said by Gbcue:

Uh...ATT still charges overages doofus.

Gbcue
Premium
Santa Rosa, CA
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
said by sonicmerlin:

said by Gbcue:

I didn't say it didn't.
--
My Blog 2.2

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium
join:2005-03-14
Putnam, CT
kudos:4
reply to Gbcue
You mean AT&T's soon to be robust network. Man that must keep you up at night.

Gbcue
Premium
Santa Rosa, CA
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
AT&T should spend that $39-billion in infrastructure upgrades. Then they'd have a network that could handily beat Verizon, and truly nationwide, too.

Maybe you can explain this, but how would rural people benefit from a merger with T-Mobile? T-Mobile primarily serves URBAN areas because population density is higher (more ROI for towers and advertising). The commercial says 15M more rural people would access the network.
--
My Blog 2.2

iansltx

join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX
kudos:2
So AT&T is lying again. Anything else new?

Thaler
Premium
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA
kudos:3
reply to sonicmerlin
said by sonicmerlin:

said by Gbcue:

Wait...so you pay data overages AND have the pleasure of being throttled?

tiger72
SexaT duorP
Premium
join:2001-03-28
Saint Louis, MO
kudos:1
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

sucks for them

rawgerz
The hell was that?
Premium
join:2004-10-03
Grove City, PA
reply to Gbcue
said by Gbcue:

The commercial says 15M more rural people would access the network.

Likely some rural areas TMO has service and will become ATT after the merger. PR work is harder than real work at the end of the day, after all.
--

You can't make all the people happy all of the time. But it should be common sense to shoot for the majority.

iLive4Fusion
Premium
join:2006-07-13
reply to Gbcue
said by Gbcue:

And then lose half our 3G coverage and get ready to be bought out by AT&T regardless?

Besides, AT&T isn't that slow in every area

Of course I have been getting faster T-Mobile speeds in my area because nobody uses T-Mobile which leaves me an empty network

Samsung Galaxy S 4G

--
2010 Ford Fusion Sport

Sammael1069

join:2011-06-20
united state
reply to Gbcue
They are gonna throttle unlimited plans and let tiered plans go past their limit at full speed making the overage data pile up at full speed. What a joke.

Thaler
Premium
Los Angeles, CA
That makes more sense. Why throttle the people on pay-per-byte plans they're already paying a hefty overage fee as it is?

matrix3D

join:2006-09-27
Middletown, CT
reply to Thaler
No, this post neglects to mention that this only applies to those AT&T customers that still remain on the grandfathered unlimited data plans and are among the top 5% in terms of bandwidth usage. Those with "limited" plans that pay for overages are not affected by this.

Thaler
Premium
Los Angeles, CA
Yeah, I kind of thought it wouldn't make sense to throttle those who already are pay-per-byte. AT&T would just be shooting itself in the foot in collecting data plan overages that way. However, I didn't see any specific descriptions to the throttled plans, so I didn't know if it was the unlimited customers or all customers.