Search similar:

uniqs

iLive4Fusion
Premium Member
join:2006-07-13

iLive4Fusion

Premium Member

Cop out much?

This furthers AT&Ts network is crap and they CAN'T provide quality service. They are little whiny b*^%%^%, they remind me of little kids.

Hey, here is an idea AT&Trash, Why don't you actually build your network out and invest something into it, and why don't you eliminate those PATHETIC EDGE only areas you still have masses of? Huh? Before moving into FauxG, try getting rid of 2G. SLOBS

fifty nine
join:2002-09-25
Sussex, NJ

fifty nine

Are you willing to pay more to fund network upgrades?

iLive4Fusion
Premium Member
join:2006-07-13

iLive4Fusion

Premium Member

said by fifty nine:

No, we already have been paying too much, it shows if you read their quarterly financial report. Its funny how "other" providers seem to already be ahead of AT&T (LTE *cough* cough*) with an almost all 3G network to boot, while AT&T is busy trying to get people to believe they have 4G.

NOCTech75
Premium Member
join:2009-06-29
Marietta, GA

NOCTech75 to fifty nine

Premium Member

to fifty nine
said by fifty nine:

AT&T is about to spend 39 billion, they don't need customers to pay more for network upgrades.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536 to fifty nine

Premium Member

to fifty nine
said by fifty nine:

upgrades? don't you mean making the street happy and giving CxOs larger yachts!
daniel717
join:2003-12-19
Columbus, MS

daniel717 to fifty nine

to fifty nine
How much more do you think we should pay? I already pay $180-190 too much for wireless service now. Its the same old thing as the BellSouth/Cingular merger cheat the customers with bad service. I remember talking to a BellSouth tech working on the DSL box on my property and he was telling me AT&T had told BellSouth they had to have 1 billion in cash reserves for the merger to go through and was complaining about the truck they made him drive (paint was pealing off in large areas and old) he also said they stopped spending money on network maintenance and upgrades to save money. We still have the old Cingular edge 2g networks from that merger, AT&T is still 80% 2g across the country, that never got upgraded but they loads of cash to buy other companies instead of improving service. AT&T has lots of money for buying sprees but not thinking to ever give customers value like 4G LTE across the country they started calling 3G in major cities with fiber backhual, usually it's T-1 lines 1.5 up and down backhaul, 4G when will they phase out the old 2G edge networks? Maybe when the buy Verizon and Sprint. Don't even get me started on how bad the dsl network got after the merger didn't say we would all have fiber to the home if we let that deal get approved maybe if we wished hard enough maybe they will upgrade the dsl networks with fiber!
tcope
Premium Member
join:2003-05-07
Sandy, UT

tcope to fifty nine

Premium Member

to fifty nine
No.. I think AT&T should use the profits they are already being paid to support what they offer. Call me funny but I think this is how a business should work.

EvelKub
Kitty is crazy
Premium Member
join:2002-03-17
Mesa, AZ

EvelKub to iLive4Fusion

Premium Member

to iLive4Fusion
They still sell 2G phones in stores... I don't get it.

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium Member
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds to fifty nine

Premium Member

to fifty nine
said by fifty nine:

Why? So they can just give it to the CEO in a balloon package or pay it out to investors as they sure are not re-investing it in their own network to future proof it. Are you willing to admit that they are screwing the US customer base and that they already get more than enough money since they have no reason to compete.
bmialone
Premium Member
join:2009-08-15
Anchorage, AK

bmialone to fifty nine

Premium Member

to fifty nine

said by fifty nine:

"Are you willing to pay more to fund network upgrades?"

Hogwash.

These companies do business in Europe where they are forced to charge less and provide decent service because they aren't allowed to gouge consumers like our government allows them to gouge us, yet they make very good profits and manage to deliver. It is just as possible to upgrade and maintain their systems here (to actually provide what they are advertising when we sign up) with the even Larger profits they are making off of us. They just don't because they know they don't have to.

We aren't going to give up our cell phones, internet, and WiFi no matter how frustrated or angry we are and they know it. Just more profit for the stockholders and humongous salaries and bonuses for top management. As the larger companies keep buying up the smaller or weaker, there is less choice, thus they Really don't have to deliver. Who are we going to turn to for better?

Now that we've evolved into an anti-government/anti-regulation populace for the most part, government isn't gong to do squat about it. Instead, government continues to ignore our own anti-monopoly laws. Except for a very few lone voices among them (like two or three), our self-serving, ineffectual legislators give them free merging and buy up passes. So much for competition.

Selenia
Gentoo Convert
Premium Member
join:2006-09-22
Fort Smith, AR

Selenia to daniel717

Premium Member

to daniel717
AT&T is mostly 3G here. The only places I see 2G is in the mountains where VZW has large coverage gaps. VZW is almost all 3G, even in those mountains. But try actually connecting to the tower. Having an AT&T phone and VZW mifi with SIP has given me near 100% coverage, though. I originally bought the mifi for a Linux laptop(3/4G cards can still be a PITA in Linux), but ended up using it on my phone some. VZW=Most 3G areas AT&T=faster 3G in most areas within hours of here, better coverage as there is EDGE in many spots that have no usable signal from VZW. Though my phone does have HSUPA, which speeds up EDGE, too. I usually get 256-512k on EDGE.