share rss forum feed

rebus9

join:2002-03-26
Tampa Bay
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Bright House

Do the math

"AT&T insists that these impacted heavy users on average consume twelve times more data than the average of all other smartphone data customers."

Well.... looking at this article »www.cellular-news.com/story/50253.php it would appear the "average" AT&T user consumes 360 MB per month.

The math suggests anyone consuming over 4.3 GB (360 MB * 12 = 4,320 MB) is a "heavy" user and will be subject to throttling.

Something tells me a lot of folks are in for a real surprise come October. (especially those who are only using single-digit GB... if the math holds true)

Cobra11M

join:2010-12-23
Mineral Wells, TX

said by rebus9:

"AT&T insists that these impacted heavy users on average consume twelve times more data than the average of all other smartphone data customers."

Well.... looking at this article »www.cellular-news.com/story/50253.php it would appear the "average" AT&T user consumes 360 MB per month.

The math suggests anyone consuming over 4.3 GB (360 MB * 12 = 4,320 MB) is a "heavy" user and will be subject to throttling.

Something tells me a lot of folks are in for a real surprise come October. (especially those who are only using single-digit GB... if the math holds true)

Ya i know, the few buds of mine that where lucky enought to still have unlimited im gonna have to tell them AT&T is gonna screw them to lol, this town where i live is all AT&T, but everyday it looks closer to Sprint.., verizon sucks out here.., and no way im gonna sign for a contract with T-mobile under these cirumstances

zeddlar

join:2007-04-09
Jay, OK
Reviews:
·exede by ViaSat
·McDonald County ..
reply to rebus9

All this is is a ploy. First this is designed to make customers think they are hurting so they can slowly impose the same caps and overage fees as verizon got away with and second this is a ploy to make people believe there really is a crunch and get them behind the merger and get it passed for them because they know approval of that merger is going to be close with so much of America believing it is crap. AT&T and Verizon will just keep squeezing tighter and tighter as long as the public lets them get away with it, watch and see. They know they own us and as long as they can take advantage of that they will.
--
HughesNet elite plan/.74 dish w/1watt trans. / 9000 modem / 3 computers on a linksy's wired network

Gbcue
Premium
join:2001-09-30
Santa Rosa, CA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to Cobra11M

I would say it's smart to sign a T-Mobile contract at this point.

They wouldn't be able to change the terms (price/minutes/etc.) of your contract without letting you out without ETF.
--
My Blog 2.2

iLive4Fusion
Premium
join:2006-07-13

said by Gbcue:

I would say it's smart to sign a T-Mobile contract at this point.

They wouldn't be able to change the terms (price/minutes/etc.) of your contract without letting you out without ETF.

Do you realize what is going to happen the day of the merger? First off they are opening up T-Mobiles GSM network for "Roaming" so they will likely use that to offload their congested network, plus harvest additional T-Mobile spectrum for WCDMA use.

Service is probably going to deteriorate as much as they can get away with it.
--
2010 Ford Fusion Sport

Gbcue
Premium
join:2001-09-30
Santa Rosa, CA
kudos:8

Since no AT&T phones can use T-Mobile's 1700 MHz, I'm sure nothing will happen.
--
My Blog 2.2

iLive4Fusion
Premium
join:2006-07-13

said by Gbcue:

Since no AT&T phones can use T-Mobile's 1700 MHz, I'm sure nothing will happen.

When they start sharing backhaul and BSTs.. But besides that, the vast majority of the T-Mobile network is still GSM and in those areas its going to be a nightmare.

I have been with AT&Trash during acquisitions and its not a good thing.
--
2010 Ford Fusion Sport