Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

OldschoolDSL
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Indian Orchard, MA

ALL going down hill

I noticed 1 thing ALL of them have in common (not so mcuh Verizon FIOS)..... They ALL are going down.

This either suggest 1 or 2 things.

1) Major American ISP's services are becoming poor. Through lack of development and over taxed networks.

Which would be ironic since ALL of them have been raising their rates 2,3, sometimes 4x a year in the name of wanting to improve their services.

2) Something I have always suspected, but never could prove.... When you 1st sign up, you are given priority network access. And once you "get use to" having their services. They figure you'll be less likely to switch and will settle for less and / or will not notice.
--
HP Pavilion a6750f (tweaked)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 * Mac OS Snow Leopard
»www.SociallyUncensored.eu - Tired of feeling censored?

Matt3
All noise, no signal.
Premium
join:2003-07-20
Jamestown, NC
kudos:12

said by OldschoolDSL:

I noticed 1 thing ALL of them have in common (not so mcuh Verizon FIOS)..... They ALL are going down.

1) Major American ISP's services are becoming poor. Through lack of development and over taxed networks.

Which would be ironic since ALL of them have been raising their rates 2,3, sometimes 4x a year in the name of wanting to improve their services.

2) Something I have always suspected, but never could prove.... When you 1st sign up, you are given priority network access. And once you "get use to" having their services. They figure you'll be less likely to switch and will settle for less and / or will not notice.

They are all going down from where? This is the first study.

OldschoolDSL
Premium
Indian Orchard, MA

said by Matt3:

said by OldschoolDSL:

Look at the graph. This is 1 years worth of data, right?

Well they all start steady on the top and about 6 months into it... They all start to fall
--

Skippy25

join:2000-09-13
Hazelwood, MO

I think you failed to comprehend the graph. Please read the title of it again and see the error of your "scandal".

chastech84

join:2011-07-16
Winfield, IL
reply to OldschoolDSL

I hope you are looking at a different graph than the one above because the one above is an average of what you expect over a 24 hr period... meaning it drops as people come home from work. Not a 1 year period. Data was just gathered during that time.

rifleman69

join:2006-04-12
Beaverton, OR
reply to OldschoolDSL

said by OldschoolDSL:

said by Matt3:

said by OldschoolDSL:

Look at the graph. This is 1 years worth of data, right?

Well they all start steady on the top and about 6 months into it... They all start to fall

Reading is not your strong suit, am I right?

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK
reply to OldschoolDSL

That's time of day across the bottom.

OldschoolDSL
Premium
Indian Orchard, MA
reply to OldschoolDSL

This graph is not the one provided to me as someone who is part of the study.

The study graph I got from Sam Knows shows the full years woth of data and divides it by the months.

I admit... I did not check this graph here and just assumed it was the same one.
--

FactChecker
Premium
join:2008-06-03

said by OldschoolDSL:

The study graph I got from Sam Knows shows the full years woth of data and divides it by the months.

I admit... I did not check this graph here and just assumed it was the same one.

I think the total study data is far more valid than a single user situation.

The facts show that ISPs are providing the advertised speeds and some providing more than advertised. I think assumptions and predictions need to be reset.
--
"Too often we... enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy

OldschoolDSL
Premium
Indian Orchard, MA

said by FactChecker:

said by OldschoolDSL:

I think the total study data is far more valid than a single user situation.

The facts show that ISPs are providing the advertised speeds and some providing more than advertised. I think assumptions and predictions need to be reset.

I would agree. The graph they shared with us was exactly like the one above (all ISP's).... Only for the full year and not your average day.
--