spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

wolf13

@verizon.net

[speed/latency] Slow dsl speeds

Hi I need help trying to figure why my Verizon Dsl speeds slow. I recently upgraded to the 3.1-7 mbps plan but I am only getting around 3.1mbps at best. Lately my speeds have gotten worse and around 1 to 1.5mbps. Here are my modem stats:

Transceiver Revision: 01.00.09.00
Vendor ID Code: 4
Line Mode: G.DMT Mode
Data Path: Interleaved
Transceiver Information Down Stream Path Up Stream Path
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 3968 864
Margin (dB) 6.0 13.0
Line Attenuation (dB) 41.0 22.0
Transmit Power (dBm) 16.6 10.8

Thanks for the help.

norbert26
Premium
join:2010-08-10
Warwick, RI
As it stands you are getting the best the line can handle. Your download margin is low. If you can't improve this at the NID then not much can be done. If it improves at the NID then some inside wiring work may help.

TommyDinPA

@verizon.net
I too just had an upgrade to my service from 7meg to 15 meg. Initially when I went to router site (192.168.1.1) I was only provisioned for 11767 down and getting 10.5 at speedtest.net.

I called cust service and they told me they would send a tech out. Keeping in mind a tech was out just 6 months prior and changed phone box outside, new jack inside and I was getting 7667 down and 6.5 on speedtest.

Was told now when first tech came out all I could get was 10megs down, this was unacceptable and I knew that I had no attinuation issues (31.5) and I am only 12 hops from CO

I received a call from verizon days later and surveyed. Told them how horrible it was and I wanted max speed I am paying for. Next day tech came out, evaluated line said I could get 17megs if offered. And all he did was call in and have it reprovisioned up to 16020/1108.

Finally after 2 weeks of calls I am getting 13.72 down and .92 up
Bottom line keep being persistent till u get max u are paying for