All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

AnonMe
@lstn.net

AnonMe

Anon

Southern California Edison Purposely Omitting Meter Reading.

Southern California Edison (SCE) is intentionally omitting the meter reading on your monthly statement.

For anyone that cares to know, Southern California Edison has started intentionally omitting your meter reading from your bill, this practice started about two months ago, when they introduced their new billing statement.

SCE now only tell you how many units you used but do NOT tell you how much your meter reading was when they read it, sort of the "trust us" approach, which we all know how well that usually works out for the consumer.

To add insult to injury, I was told by SCE, that the SCE representatives do not have access to this information either, thereby making it, at the very least, difficult if not nearly impossible for you to call and find out what your meter reading was at the time they read it, which you shouldn't have to call in the first place, since they have a duty to inform you and you have a right to know.

The meter reading information is NOT available to you online or on a paper statement, it's NOT available period.

It seems, the new SCE policy is based on they think they can and you're too stupid to know better or care and if you do know better or care you'll just have to STFU and take it like a good little sheep.

Anyhow, haven't seen this mentioned anywhere as yet, just wanted to give people the heads up on this.

spg6
Grrrr
join:2001-10-31
NOT Texas!

spg6

Call the PUC. Edison is probably exempt, but try Weights & Measures.

brian
Premium Member
join:2002-05-02
Mission Viejo, CA

brian to AnonMe

Premium Member

to AnonMe
my most recent statement/bill (7/14) has the actual meter read on it. so does the one before that, and before that, and before ...

Waldothe3rd
Premium Member
join:2009-02-16
Sun N Sand

Waldothe3rd

Premium Member

Same with mine... Troll fail

Bloominite
Premium Member
join:2004-04-17

Bloominite

Premium Member

Click for full size
Click for full size
All the meter readings are circled in red

AnonMe
@hawkhost.com

AnonMe to AnonMe

Anon

to AnonMe
First, this is NOT a troll post.

The purpose was to let people know what SCE is doing and trying to get away with.

You are free to believe what you want. The statements I made are true and factual.

I understand how it's easier to believe this is a troll post, at first I couldn't believe this crap myself, so I don't blame you.

@Bloominite, thank you for posting your billing statements as evidence in support of my post, I didn't expect the need to do so, since I thought people would simply check their billing statement and see the evidence for themselves.

@spg, thank you for your suggestions and comments. I've already contacted the proper authorities before posting, my post was purely for informational purposes to the board members and fellow consumers, since thus far not many seem to have noticed this SCE move.

@brian, if you read my post carefully, I said "this practice started about two months ago, when they introduced their new billing statement." or rather two (2) billing cycles ago for me, your July bill should not include your meter reading on it anymore, if it does in fact include it, I don't know why that is. However, any bill prior to July would include the meter reading, so your statement relating to "prior" billing statements including the meter reading would be correct, my prior bills, before July, do also, as they should.

This is not a fluke or billing error, it has been confirmed over the course of two (2) billing cycles, on three (3) seperate occasions with three (3) different SCE representatives, it's real.

@Waldothe3rd, please refer to my above reply to brian.

In conclusion, I have done my part, and then some, in letting you know what's going on and pursuing this matter as a consumer via legal venues available. Wether you take this like a good little sheep or stand up for your rights is your choice and is now on you.

brian
Premium Member
Mission Viejo, CA

brian

Premium Member

said by AnonMe :

@brian, if you read my post carefully, I said "this practice started about two months ago, when they introduced their new billing statement." or rather two (2) billing cycles ago for me, your July bill should not include your meter reading on it anymore, if it does in fact include it, I don't know why that is. However, any bill prior to July would include the meter reading, so your statement relating to "prior" billing statements including the meter reading would be correct, my prior bills, before July, do also, as they should.

And if you read my post carefully, you'll see that I have the meter read showing on my last two billing cycles. Here's the most recent:

Bloominite
Premium Member
join:2004-04-17

Bloominite

Premium Member

Brian, have they upgraded you to a smartmeter yet?

brian
Premium Member
Mission Viejo, CA

1 edit

brian

Premium Member

yep. I can't remember the exactly when. It was between 6 and 9 months ago. EDIT: Nevermind that. It was longer ago than I remember. Looked back at old bills and the Smart Meter was installed in April 2010.

AnonMe
@..nehome-server.info

AnonMe to AnonMe

Anon

to AnonMe

@brian, there's no need for me to read your post carefully, I read your post carefully the first time, I also didn't misunderstand or misquote you in any way.

I understood what you said the first time you said it, you said you're receiving bills with the meter reading on them, as it should be.

Therefore, if you can be so kind as to understand that myself, family, neighbors, friends, Bloominite and everyone else I've spoken to about this matter so far, except for you and apparently Waldothe3rd, are receiving bills withOUT the meter reading on them, that would be much appreciated.

Why this seems to be happening with some and not others, I do not know. I already said this in my previous reply.

I spoke to three (3) different SCE representatives and they all acknowledged this was their new policy, I don't know what else to say, except I'm not here trolling, not looking for a flame war or silly argument and I trust you're not either, I'm sure we both have better things to do with our time.

In conclusion, I don't believe there is anything else positive I can accomplish here on this topic, so this matter is closed in as far as I'm concerned.

Everyone have yourselves a great weekend.

brian
Premium Member
Mission Viejo, CA

brian

Premium Member

I never said you weren't receiving bills without a meter read. I think you read too much into what I've posted.

Maybe this is being rolled out geographically? What part of socal are you in? Did you only speak to front line CSRs are SCE or did you go further up the chain?

AnonMe
@..nehome-server.info

AnonMe

Anon

@brian,

Perhaps it's a geo roll out, I can't say either way, I'd be guessing since I don't know more than what I've already stated before. That would explain why there seems to be little public awareness about this, would make sense to do it one area at a time and it would also make the complaints less at a time, thereby attracting less attention, if things go south they can always claim some BS reason was the cause.

My location is the Inland Empire.

SmartMeter was installed (without consent) around October 2010.

I've actually spoken to five (5) SCE reps, I'm not counting the very first two, since the two (1st rep = front line, 2nd rep = bump up) I spoke to right after receiving the first bill withOUT the meter reading on it didn't have a clue what I was talking about and after placing me on hold for a few minutes to "consult with a supervisor", came back and said it was because they were "adjusting to the new billing statement" and omitted it by mistake and it would be back on the next bill. I gave it a 50/50 chance of BS but it also sounded plausible enough, so I gave it the benefit of the doubt. Turned out to be a BS lie or at least misinformation.

I spoke to a front line rep a month later after receiving my bill withOUT the meter reading on it again and was frankly left speechless when told this was their new policy and how reps didn't have the meter reading info either, so calling for the info wasn't an option. The rep knew what I was taking about and did not hesitate in her answer.

I tried speaking with a supervisor on a follow up call to the above and was told it would be a few minutes wait, was placed on hold and the call was dropped after a few minutes. I had things to do, so I left it for another day. However, the rep I spoke with knew what I was taking about and did not hesitate in confirming what the previous rep said.

I tried speaking with a supervisor again and was told there wasn't one available but one could call me back if I wanted, asked them to do so and I'm still waiting. The rep I spoke with also knew what I was taking about and also confirmed yet again without any hesitation what the previous two had already said.

Not to mention, some family, friends and neighbors also called SCE and received similar BS lines at first and confirmation of SCE new policy on follow up calls after the 2nd bill showed up without the meter reading on it.

I noticed this post has received more than 100 unique views yet very little feedback either way. Perhaps if there was more participation with location and wether or not a SmartMeter is installed, we can make more sense of what's going on. I'm baffled and SCE supervisors are apparently not interested in speaking about this to customers, I nor anyone else I've spoken to has actually been able to speak with a supervisor about this.

Something is certainly going on and you receiving bills with the meter reading on it makes things stranger, from my perspective.

Anyhow, I'm sure all will be revealed in time, nothing more I can do for now, already filed complaints, trying to spread the word, etc.

Thanks to everyone for posting their 2 cents, I'll post follow ups if deemed worthwhile.

meterdewd
@ldmengineering.com

meterdewd

Anon

Here in Palmdale, not sure about a smart meter, still getting meter reads on the bill as of July.

jig
join:2001-01-05
Hacienda Heights, CA

jig to AnonMe

to AnonMe
we will be looking. followups are appreciated.

meterdewd
@markandsveta.com

meterdewd to meterdewd

Anon

to meterdewd
Latest bill came out yesterday, still has meter readings on it.

brian
Premium Member
Mission Viejo, CA

brian

Premium Member

said by meterdewd :

where are you located?

AnonMe
@..nehome-server.info

AnonMe to AnonMe

Anon

to AnonMe

@ meterdewd and jig, thanks for your input.

Just wanted to share something with you all, which I found kind of ironic, at least, from my perspective.

Yesterday, I received a letter from SCE which tells me about how I can go online and get all this detailed amount of information (usage to the hour) with graphs and statistics and even a program to sign up for that's suppose to give me credit off my bill, if I use less power on pre-designated days (about 12 days a year), which SCE would text, email and/or voicemail to me.

Don't misunderstand me, I can appreciate the new tools and the PR, etc. However, what I find extremely ironic and funny at the same time about all this is, they offer all this huge amount of information and yet they don't give you the most basic of all information, your meter reading, at least, in my case and others in alike situation.

Just wanted to share, made me chuckle at the irony.

Take care all.

brian
Premium Member
Mission Viejo, CA

brian

Premium Member

Is your meter read available online? I just logged into my account -- haven't done this for a while, but your message prompted me to -- and noticed that I can see the meter read there too. In fact, I can see the last two years of reads.

meterdewd
@markandsveta.com

meterdewd to brian

Anon

to brian
said by brian:

said by meterdewd :

where are you located?

Palmdale, same as the first time I posted.

AnonMe
@..nehome-server.info

AnonMe to AnonMe

Anon

to AnonMe

@brian,

No, the meter reading is not available to me online.

In my original post, I said the meter reading was not available online or on the paper statement. I just checked before replying to you, no change.

It's clear a select group or area is being purposely kept from accessing meter reading information and it's not for our benefit.

My next bill will be the third without a meter reading, so this would be happening for, at least, three (3) billing cycles that I know of and outside of this post, I can't even get a hit on Google about this situation. Very odd and somewhat frustrating.

brian
Premium Member
Mission Viejo, CA

brian

Premium Member

I haven't received my bill yet, but I can see my August meter read on the SCE website.

jig
join:2001-01-05
Hacienda Heights, CA

jig to AnonMe

to AnonMe
anonme - do you have flash and/or javascript disabled on your web browser? the one you use to check you rbilling online?

AnonMe
@..nehome-server.info

AnonMe

Anon

@jig,

Flash/Java are installed, enabled and working fine. Having no trouble navigating/seeing the SCE website.

However, that wouldn't make any difference on the paper statement though.

Thanks for trying anyway.

FutureMon
Dude Whats mine say?

join:2000-10-05
Marina, CA

FutureMon to AnonMe

to AnonMe
I just got my bill, and the reading was quite clear on it...in Long Beach.

- FM

AnonMe
@..nehome-server.info

AnonMe

Anon

@FutureMon, thanks for your feedback.

Might as well take the opportunity and post an update.

I have not heard back from any of the agencies contacted about this, but it's probably too early to, if I do at all, official channels are not usually known for their expediency.

Some family/friends already received latest bill, same thing, still no meter reading showing. I'm expecting the latest bill after August 23rd, will post back after it arrives.

The people not getting the meter reading seem to be a minority, or at least, it would seem that way based on the feedback from this forum.

I have no idea what's going on, but I don't like deliberately not being allowed access to my meter information. The more feedback this post gets confirming this situation the more it's starting to tee me off and peak my curiosity at the same time.

Anyhow, will post back with an update in a few days, thanks again to all for the feedback.

shortckt1
@dslextreme.com

shortckt1

Anon

FWIW I was able to verify with a friend in San Bern Mtns area served by SCE their monthly bill does show previous & current meter reads and total use. Same thing for the HOA electric bill covering the common area lights. This residential mountain area does not have smart meters or digital meters from what I could see walking around the neighborhood.

~shortckt~

AnonMe
@..nehome-server.info

AnonMe

Anon

@shortckt1, thanks for the feedback, it's appreciated.

BTW, any lurkers reading this that are not getting their meter info, NOW would be a good time to say something. I'm trying to do this for my benefit and yours, as well.

I find it difficult to believe that in the whole of this board and with more than 500 unique views for this post, there's only me and one other person experiencing this situation.

I'm planning to call SCE, again, after I get latest bill, assuming status is the same. I want to ask them why is this situation "selective" and what is the criteria for the selectiveness. I'm sure the BS will be flying at that point, but hey! at least I'll try.

Anyhow, thanks to all for the feedback.

brian
Premium Member
Mission Viejo, CA

brian

Premium Member

maybe it's a conspiracy against the people of the IE?

AnonMe
@..nehome-server.info

AnonMe to AnonMe

Anon

to AnonMe

@brian,

heh, maybe it is a conspiracy, stranger things have happened, but I'd rather deal with facts and see where that takes me first.

Besides, for your theory to have any legs, Bloominite would have to be in the IE too and I don't know if he is or not. However, I must say, that was very Maulder-ish of you though, I can almost hear the X-Files theme playing in the background.

TheRul
Why Not You?
Premium Member
join:2007-09-18
Monterey, CA

TheRul

Premium Member

The truth is out there, no seriously REAALLLYYY out there