spc
Search similar:

uniqs
arm135
join:2011-08-05
Houma, LA

arm135

The Weather Channel

Is there any chance of AT&T getting the Star technology from the Weather Channel in order for Uverse customers to be able to view the Local on the 8's?
Paralel
join:2011-03-24
Michigan, US

Paralel

When it comes to new, and UVerse, always assume "No".

JimThePCGuy
Formerly known as schja01.
MVM
join:2000-04-27
Morton Grove, IL

JimThePCGuy to arm135

MVM

to arm135
Their stock excuse is to use the crappy Accuweather app. I too miss local on the 8's.

Boricua
Premium Member
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto

Boricua

Premium Member

said by JimThePCGuy:

I too miss local on the 8's.

As do I. I don't need to know the temperature of them other places, especially when my area doesn't always show.

Michail
Premium Member
join:2000-08-02
Boynton Beach, FL

Michail to arm135

Premium Member

to arm135
While it's not TV I always first turn to the Weather Channel app (and others) on my phone. It's better than anything that could be available through broadcast. Especially with the incorporation of Google maps and Bing maps.

With smartphones we all have the ability to be meteorologists today. I can see rain clouds up in the sky and pull out my phone to see which way they are headed and down to the street level where it's raining.

JimThePCGuy
Formerly known as schja01.
MVM
join:2000-04-27
Morton Grove, IL

JimThePCGuy

MVM

I prefer my 60" Plasma Display for weather depictions.
J
arm135
join:2011-08-05
Houma, LA

arm135 to Michail

to Michail
Not lucky enough to have a smartphone.

TheDuck6
join:2003-06-22
Eastlake, OH

TheDuck6

Don't need a smart-phone. Get an ipod/touch and you have all the features except the phone and monthly bill. And with Skype you have phone service wherever there is WIFI.

saladbar15
join:2009-07-18
Brighton, MA

saladbar15 to arm135

to arm135
I'm not sure of the current position on the debate but way back when it was something along the lines of AT&T wanting Weather Channel to pay for the equipment upgrades, which AT&T didn't want to do.

I'm kinda surprised they haven't worked out some kind of a system based off of your channel map.