·Virgin Mobile Br..

[OC] Clock Speeds incorrect?

Click for full size
v1
Click for full size
v2
Ok, heres the setup:

Foxconn A74ML-K 740G Motherboard

Sempron 130 "C2-Sargas" (2.6Ghz,single core)

Cooler Master DK9-7E52A-0L-GP

2 x 2gb Team Ted (»www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.as···20313128)

ATI Radeon HD4350 w/512 (»www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.as···14127436)

Viotec 500wPSU

I have the latest version of AMD Vision Engine Control Center and video card drivers, but this is what is being reported? I'm confused. Which reading is correct? Should they not all report the same clock values aside from those values that are at x2 speeds, such as the GDDR2?
--
Start your enlightenment here. Let's try to start making the world a better place, or it'll never happen!

»khanacademy.org
»www.k12.com
»churchofreality.org
»zeitnews.org
»thezeitgeistmovement.com
»thevenusproject.com

powerfail

@optonline.net

Power play, load up the card, you should see the clock speeds bump up... it is to save power. If you are having issues in games and the like (like I did) it could be power play being retarded and not upclocking when 2d apps (youtube) are open.

But load her up and check...

ctceo
Premium
join:2001-04-26
South Bend, IN
Reviews:
·Virgin Mobile Br..

2 edits

I noticed that to be the case. I'm pretty sure thats whats causing my strange fast-slow gallop in Lord of the Rings Online.

I liked the old CCC, the new Vision engine control center is a POS. Which would you recommend Afterburner or RivaTuner to prevent the oscillating clock speeds for the card aforementioned?

powerfail

@optonline.net

What I would do it CHECK to see if it is in fact the clock speed... it could be another bug with the game if it is only that game...

As far as "setting" the clock speed... I had my own fight (**** AMD/ATI cards imho) you had to disable powerplay, and I could not even get it disabled... no other program mattered as it only changed one of the 5 or so speed profiles...

I'd love someone who's better with amd cards than I =p to reply... but you can check the clocks (something like rivia turner will graph them all) get in the game... look for the glitch... check the graphs... if you see a dip boom your issue... if not... we gota keep looking.

ctceo
Premium
join:2001-04-26
South Bend, IN
Reviews:
·Virgin Mobile Br..

Awesome. I'll continue reading up on power play and how it affects the clock speeds. I don't manually override something unless my i's are dotted and my t's crossed. Additionally I wont even consider it unless it's causing some sort of gameplay issue that makes the game annoying to play or otherwise unplayable.