Search similar:

uniqs
rgalverson
join:2006-05-28
Seattle, WA

rgalverson

q1000z wifi speed

Hi all

I just got a q1000z modem to up my DSL speed to 12 mbps. That part works great. However, the modem include router and wifi. With my old wifi, I could connect wireless N at 150 mbps. Now with the q1000z, I have not connected at faster than 65 mbps. Is this some limit of the q1000z? Or maybe a setting I need to twiddle? I have tried forcing the channel and the streams, but that had no effect. This speed is even when I am feet away with no walls.

The reason I care is that 65 mbps is just not fast enough to stream HD (blu ray like) video from my server to the laptop.

Thanks for any info

Bob

FarmerBob
join:2000-12-21
Littleton, CO
Calix 716GE-I
Netgear Orbi RBK853
Netgear RAXE500

FarmerBob

The all-in-ones only do one thing well. I have yet to see one that can do it all. That is why I use my WiFi Modem in Transparent Bridge mode and have two WNDR3300's. One as a base station and the other connected to it via 5GHz .11n @ 300Mbps. I have a hard line to the other area, but get 200Mbps more than it can do through the Cat6. And off the second 3300 in have a BD player that gets the highest test level for Vudu all the time and a Sat receiver with VOD. All comes in quick with no buffering.

I love it.