spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Anon
@suddenlink.net

Anon

Anon

All the sudden suddenlink unlinked

What's up? I get letters warning of too much data usage? I get letters of possible copyright violations when not possible? Is Suddenlink big brother or what?

dweezel
@cox.net

dweezel

Anon

Yeah....so either you are downloading movies, or you may have someone using your WiFi and getting on your router, which in turn, will apply any illegal downloads to the IP address that is provisioned to your modem at the time of the download. The copyright/inappropriate use letters are probably only passed to you by sudden link, but the actually company that is tracking the illegal downloads is another company all together and are backed by federal law and have a complete and legal obligation to make sure that movies/books/music/software are being paid for and downloaded from the owners of the copyrights.

I hope this helps clear up some info and questions for you. If you have any questions about how someone could be using your internet, you need to call your router manufacture and ask them to help you change the security password/setup the security on your router. Make sure you are getting in touch with Suddenlink to let them know you have not been downloading the file and that you are working with the router company (i.e. Netgear/Linksys) to make sure no one else is on your network.