share rss forum feed

Gemologist
Premium
join:2001-11-15
USA
kudos:3

1 recommendation

[No Edit] Cell Phone Pictures?!

Figured we needed a cellphone picture thread. Try to post one per day, but not junk folks. Let's try to post the best we can take! Current phones can take some amazing shots! No computer editing allowed though. However editing done on Your phone is acceptable!

Here's my first one from yesterday. Taken with an HTC EVO.

Now, let's yours. Please list make and model as well.
--
Images are Copyrighted and use is NOT
permitted.

Pichin

join:2001-07-01
Oviedo, FL

2 recommendations

Click for full size
No way up
Taken with a Nexus S, using Camera360 and uploaded to Flickr with Flickdroid

here is the Flickr link: »www.flickr.com/photos/62301078@N···9512369/
--
"Evolution is God's way of issuing upgrades."

Gemologist
Premium
USA
Very nice shot! Camera360 is a decent piece of software! I've been playing with LittlePhoto and Vignette here lately. I am really liking Vignette, but its controls took a bit of getting used to compared to others, lol.

I also got one of those $10 wide angle/macro lenses for mine as well and even the wide angle seems to help picture quality vs. harm it. Sadly, I had forgot it on this trip, lol.

Ever use PicSayPro? I've been messing with it as well. Some of the features are really nice, but quite a few are a bit overboard! I really wish there was a full size image editing software available, but I have not found any.

I've truly been more and more impressed with the newer cellphone cameras! Their color reproduction is even truer then some dSLRs I've used! They are starting to easily be able to replace a basic pocket P&S! I typically don't even carry my pocket camera any longer, just the cellphone and the extra lens on my keychain.
--
permitted.

Brazbit
Premium
join:2003-10-22
Port Orchard, WA

1 recommendation

reply to Gemologist

Filter applied was... a dirty lens...
ATT Tilt 2. I have always been disappointed in the camera on this phone. If the lighting is the slightest bit dark the images are blurry and grainy. If it is bright the images are washed out and blurry. But I liked the effect it gave this shot.

One decent shot in over two years with the phone. Figures it was a throw away shot that I took on a whim.
--
That why they make smart word box for tell monkey hard brain hurty things.

Pichin

Oviedo, FL
reply to Gemologist
There are three apps that I have on all three of my devices, Retro Camera Pro, PicSayPro and Camera360 Ultimate, they are used on my Galaxy tab, on my Kyocera Echo and my Nexus S, also have Vigenette and Camera ZOOM FX which I barely ever install or use since I find it more useful to just create a shortcut for the setting that I use the most on Camera360 (B&W Visual Storm and Night Enhancement) on one of my work areas as well as the Retro Camera widget than a shortcut to the whole app. PicSayPro is really good for light editing on the go otherwise I just wait till I get home and edit on my computer also since I still carry my pocket camera and my Nikon D60 with me I use PicSayPro to do light editing on the go using my Tab.

Yeah! newer phones are getting sweet cameras which are able to take unbelievable images and since we (cellphone photographers) are paying more and more attention to composition, images are getting better and better by the day. Weather it is taken with an iPhone or a LG Optimus cameras and photographers are getting better and better every day.
--

Gemologist
Premium
USA

1 recommendation

I too love RetroCamera+, one of my favorite apps!! So love those old style cameras! I like Vignette because it is the most color accurate I've found.

That shot is not bad Brazbit!! I rather like the effect it has! A little local contrast enhancement and it would really pop!!

Aren't the best shots always the ones you just snap!? lol!
--
permitted.

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA
kudos:24
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
·Speakeasy

1 recommendation

reply to Gemologist
Alas! This is one thread there is no way I can partake. My phone is a stupid phone! Even I cannot make art out of the shots it gets. Way too old...just like me, and apps are not an option for either of us!

Pichin

Oviedo, FL

1 recommendation

reply to Gemologist

said by Gemologist See Profile
Aren't the best shots always the ones you just snap!? lol!

Kind of true, on No Way Up I had just got home and the guy was seating there, he looked at me and went back to what he was doing so I just snapped the photo not even thinking about it.
--

Exit
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-04-10
Canada

3 recommendations

reply to Gemologist

Apple iPhone
3.8mm 1/24th F2.4 ISO100

Click for full size
iPhone 4
Expand your moderator at work

Gemologist
Premium
USA
reply to Gemologist

Re: [No Edit] Cell Phone Pictures?!

Very nice job Exit!!

Toodee2
Premium
join:2009-04-06
Canada
reply to Gemologist
Are tablets also included in this thread?........we use the same apps as cell phones, just a bigger screen.... ....

Gemologist
Premium
USA
Of course tablets are allowed, same hardware.

GeekGirl1
Premium
join:2007-01-28
Morrisville, PA
kudos:2

1 edit

2 recommendations

reply to Gemologist
HTC Inspire 4G. This is one of the traps on my carnivorous pitcher plant, Nepenthes Albomarginata.

I'm having a really tough time focusing. The picture looks fine until I press the shutter, then it just does some auto-blurring. I've tried different sharpness controls, auto/manual focus, ISO settings, zooming out. Nothing seems to work. The lighting here is from an LED flashlight, as the built-in flash is far too over exposed.

I also had some images of the "food" inside the trap, but didn't post because they were far too blurred. Same problem - it looked in focus until I took the shot. The trap is illuminated using a flashlight to shine up through the bottom.

Update: I figured it out and replaced the image. See »Cell Phone Camera Settings Guide - HTC Inspire 4G (Desire) (the original image is now in this thread)

Jodokast96
Stupid people really piss me off.
Premium
join:2005-11-23
Erial, NJ
I'd guess pressing the shutter moving the camera a slight bit combined with more shutter lag than you are used to. I have the same problem with my g/f's Iphone.

GeekGirl1
Premium
Morrisville, PA

2 recommendations

said by Jodokast96:

I'd guess pressing the shutter moving the camera a slight bit combined with more shutter lag than you are used to. I have the same problem with my g/f's Iphone.

See my previous post. I created a new thread and moved the original image over there.

Here's the image I couldn't get yesterday. I'm holding a flashlight underneath the trap to illuminate it from the outside. The "food" is floating in the water at the bottom of the trap.

krazyboi
Premium
join:2008-06-27
Mckinney, TX
kudos:1

5 recommendations

reply to Gemologist
love taking shots with the Iphone4... these were taken with the Camera+ app and edited in it, or with an Instagram filter...

Locutus65
Why bother?
Premium
join:2001-05-24
Houston, TX

6 recommendations

reply to Gemologist
Verizon Motorola Droid (the original)

Motorola Droid
4mm 1/2049th F2.8 ISO55

tiggerstales
Premium,Mod
join:2000-08-25
B'ham, Al.

5 recommendations

reply to Gemologist
Click for full size
Click for full size
iPhone 4, edited with PS Express & Camera+

Locutus65
Why bother?
Premium
Houston, TX
What a beautiful kitty!

GeekGirl1
Premium
Morrisville, PA

1 recommendation

reply to Gemologist
Likewise, I'm very partial to Siamese... I took advantage of a sunny morning. With lots of light and an especially heavy dose of good luck, here's my next round:

Bee:

Female Spice Bush butterfly:

HTC Inspire 4G.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS

3 recommendations

reply to Gemologist
Click for full size
Apple iPhone 4
3.8mm 1/943th F2.8 ISO80

iPhone 4 untouched

GeekGirl1
Premium
Morrisville, PA

2 recommendations

reply to Gemologist
A rapidly rising local creek after 6" of rain. The chosen shutter speed (picked by the camera, I had no control ), blurred the fast moving water.

HTC Inspire 4G. No edit.

rockhounds_5
Premium
join:2004-07-29
Lewisville, TX

2 edits

2 recommendations

reply to Gemologist
Click for full size
SAMSUNG SGH-I997
3.9mm 1/20th F2.6 ISO222

Click for full size
Taken with a Samsung Infuse. Photo no. 2 taken with an iPhone 3G.

Coma
Thanks Steve
Premium
join:2001-12-30
NirvanaLand

2 recommendations

reply to Gemologist

Taken with my iPhone 4 yesterday.

Apple iPhone 4
3.8mm 1/120th F2.8 ISO100

a small part of NirvanaLand

--
. . . CBT . . .

Gemologist
Premium
USA

2 recommendations

Great shots every one! Looking good!

Here's another from my Evo, taken with Pudding Camera, processed in PicSayPro.
--
permitted.

TJ19971
Blues fan with a camera
Premium
join:2003-10-11
Sioux Falls, SD

4 recommendations

reply to Gemologist
Click for full size
Motorola Droid
4mm 1/624th F2.8 ISO62

Taken with the original Droid

Locutus65
Why bother?
Premium
Houston, TX

1 recommendation

reply to Gemologist
Nice pic. So nice I decided to install Pudding Camera on my Droid.
Boy was that a mistake. First it's in a foreign language so it's useless to me. Second, I had to use my admin powers to force the dang thing to stop so I could uninstall it.
--
sthhjkjhyfdfhuyjhhyjgrfffgfhgjuhyk sorry there was a spider on the keyboard. i think i got it

alg
Passionately apathetic
Premium
join:2001-04-10
Houston, TX

3 recommendations

reply to Gemologist
Click for full size
Apple iPhone 4
3.8mm 1/40th F2.8 ISO100

Yesterday's sunset, today's new background.

Mospaw
My socks don't match.
Hawaiian Jellyfish
join:2001-01-08
Mile High
kudos:1

1 edit

2 recommendations

reply to Gemologist
This is the ceiling (it's cloth) at the M Resort in Henderson, NV.

Straight out of the phone.

[EDIT -- added below]

Cropped and mild processing in Photoshop.