spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

craven

join:2008-08-06
reply to codyyy

Re: [Embarq] post your centurylink speedtest results!

I am advertise 4m and i get it mostly. when will a higher speed be available for me?

codyyy

@embarqhsd.net
said by craven:

I am advertise 4m and i get it mostly. when will a higher speed be available for me?

[att=1]

same here

DarnellP

join:2004-10-12
Las Vegas, NV
reply to openupshop
I'd be a little miffed. You're coming up way short on the upload...

Zoomer911

join:2010-09-07
Kissimmee, FL
Advertised as 25 and pulling 24.8 So I am happy for rural community in Central Florida without any other option

WeCo890

join:2005-09-09
Santa Rosa, CA
reply to codyyy
10 Meg internet, runs on the money.

toby
Troy Mcclure

join:2001-11-13
Portland, OR
reply to codyyy

Screaming tonight.... actually this is the best it has been in a long time. Sad but true.
[1.5Mbps DSL]

wtf

@qwest.net
reply to codyyy

D Smoke

join:2002-06-14
Minneapolis, MN
reply to codyyy
Just got CenturyLink hooked up at my work this is all they had here. We use to have Comcast business class which smokes just about anything out there. I begged comcast to run lines to our new shop but they said the build would cost 100k which they won't be doing right now. Anyway I'm actually pretty happy thus far with it, it's still not as good as comcast but decent.

Weavy

join:2011-10-11
reply to codyyy

This is disgusting and it has been persistantly this for the past few days. It keeps disconnecting, too. I begin to think it's an intentional download cap throttling.

rj97006

join:2011-03-17
Hillsboro, OR
reply to codyyy
Zip code 66533, Rossville KS, DSL plan claimed 5Mbps, but the following has been the consistent performance over the last year, and I never see down-speed over 3Mbps. (Not sure if this image URL works, so the numbers are...)
down: 2.91 Mbps
up 0.74 Mbps
ping 69 ms
Embarq, server Overland Park KS

With the recent Kansas issues, it has dropped markedly or failed completely sometimes.

toby
Troy Mcclure

Portland, OR
reply to codyyy
Another screamer of a night, 8pm.

crescentdave

join:2009-01-20
Eastsound, WA
reply to codyyy

Pathetic. Consistently pathetic. A monopoly in my area- Northwest Washington. I'm supposed to be getting "up to" 10 Mbps.

Grade:D- Slower than 80% of the U.S.

Jasonmm

@qwest.net
reply to codyyy
Yeah... Canceling service right now. Don't ask how long it took to load all your guy's images either.

40 bucks a month for this?

11:43pm on a Wed... and still an average of .75Mbs.

5pm (peak) earlier this day:
.56 Mbs down, .01 Mbs up ?? 0.01?? and a 185ms ping.

I was used to this speed with Qwest at 24.99 (common I am from Idaho Falls, can't expect much), but when CenturyLink took over, and my last bill online statement said 40 bucks. HAHAHAHaaa... bye.

CableOne, $45, they say 50Mbs in my area... we will see.

Jasonmm

@qwest.net
reply to codyyy
»www.speedtest.net/result/1531983065.png

@12:29 am 10/13/2011
Yuck

crescentdave

Eastsound, WA
reply to caffeinator
You're missing the point. It makes sense you see unhappy people-take a look at the piss-poor speeds. "ya can vent yer spleen anytime you want." That's right, anytime you have piss-poor speeds and are being charged for decent speeds. In my area, centurylink is a monopoly. They oversell and can't handle the demand in the evenings. Maybe THEY won't look at this page and respond, but I'm hoping the Attorney Generals office in Washington does. Link here: »www.atg.wa.gov/fileacomplaint.aspx#Online. Feel free to "vent yer spleen" to a real live government official- online or via email/telephone.

toby
Troy Mcclure

Portland, OR
said by crescentdave:

You're missing the point. It makes sense you see unhappy people-take a look at the piss-poor speeds. "ya can vent yer spleen anytime you want." That's right, anytime you have piss-poor speeds and are being charged for decent speeds. In my area, centurylink is a monopoly. They oversell and can't handle the demand in the evenings. Maybe THEY won't look at this page and respond, but I'm hoping the Attorney Generals office in Washington does. Link here: »www.atg.wa.gov/fileacomplaint.aspx#Online. Feel free to "vent yer spleen" to a real live government official- online or via email/telephone.

Did you file a complaint with the WA ATG??

I did.

crescentdave

Eastsound, WA
Yes I did. And congrats with your filing. I have to hope that there's a tipping point for some sort of inquiries into this sort of gouging. I've also written to my district congressman Rick Larsen. Somehow, I think I might have a better chance at getting a response from my rep as opposed to a corporation willfully and repeatedly abusing its monopoly in my area.

toby
Troy Mcclure

Portland, OR
I wrote to the WA public utilities commission too, they don't care, they told me to contact the FCC.

The CenturyLink Talk To US support is a joke, they ask please email/message them, then you ask a simple question like "I only get 0.3 Mbps during the day, and 1.2 Mbps in the middle of the morning"
They don't answer, because they know the reason. I wish they would stop posting on here asking people to contact them.
If you look at the CL reviews on this site, most are terrible.

CL sure likes their monopoly.

civicturbo

join:2009-11-08
USA
reply to crescentdave
My speeds were so slow my spleen hurt, haha sorry couldn't help it. I cancelled my 10M running at 3M service, it was sad and a headache. Docsis I'm sorry I strayed papas coming home

msj
Premium
join:2004-05-21
Fort Collins, CO
kudos:1
reply to codyyy

djpoptart
Yummy I like Pop Tarts Don't You?

join:2003-10-05
Rensselaer, IN
I'd love to have speeds like msj's. But I think its only a dream for us, in this part of the Hoosier State.

djpoptart

Rensselaer, IN
reply to codyyy
Here's a current Speedtest result. Done at 6:00PM CDT

djpoptart

Rensselaer, IN
reply to codyyy
And now to the East Cost: 6:07PM CDT:

To The South: 6:08PM CDT:

And last but not least, to the North: 6:10PM CDT:

I am guessing CenturyLink for my area of the country is based out of Pennsilvanya(did I spell that right?). Cause it shows me in PN, when I am in Indiana.
--
Custom Built AMD Athlon XP II OC'd to 2GHZ. 2TB of Drive Space, 4GB of Ram, NVIDIA Video, 22" AOC Monitor, Stock Sound Card, Gigibit Ethernet, Wireless N, Blu-Ray Burner.

CenturyLink 5Mb Service with Static IP

jdbob
Premium
join:2009-07-04
John Day, OR
reply to codyyy
Third world DSL here:

Exterminator2

join:2011-08-13
Butler, PA

i pay for 5megs and its been like this for 2 weeks. sometimes its even worse and its been like this all hours of the day and night.

bctrainers

join:2004-08-03
Olathe, KS

1 edit
reply to codyyy
I'd love to give a speedtest result, but DSL is down and out like a light.

2. ks-76-7-12-129.sta.embarqhsd.net  0.0%  4669    4.9   4.6   4.1  78.7   3.0
  3. 74.5.200.61                       0.3%  4669    4.8   4.9   4.0 127.3   7.3
  4. 208.110.241.149                  15.8%  4668   78.9   9.3   5.2 132.1  12.0
  5. bb-dllstx37-jx9-02-xe-11-1-0.cor 15.7%  4668   92.1  25.6  19.6 160.5  15.6

Edit; and as promised, a speedtest after issues were fixed:

OpusT

join:2011-01-15
Flint, TX
reply to codyyy
Pay for the 10dl/1ul

jagerwick

@embarqhsd.net
reply to codyyy
NE Indiana here.

During "bandwidth exhaustion"

Middle of the night, exact service I pay for:

yuzuki68

join:2010-07-07
reply to codyyy
old man paying 10 meg speed
8128/ down 896 Kbits/sec up

sure does not feel like 10 meg speed

Drizew

join:2004-09-17
Los Lunas, NM

1 edit
reply to codyyy

I didn't do one on speedtest.net, because I never get over ~7Mb upload. I have seen it as high as 18 in real world use.

Shaperprobe results.

Upstream: No shaper detected.
Median received rate: 18032 Kbps.

Downstream: No shaper detected.
Median received rate: 36474 Kbps.

40/20 in Albuquerque, NM