Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

EthanHunt

join:2002-06-27
Pickering, ON
reply to urbang33k

Re: Sagemcom F@st

has anyone using this modem gotten it into a bridge mode? Im considering a bump to the 25/7 service and i know the cellpipe can be put into bridge mode

poiuytr

@bell.ca
reply to urbang33k

Thanks for the thread. I got this with Fibe 25 (yep, as fast as they claim!), but am having issues.

1. It won't recognize my Canon MX850 multifunction printer/scanner/fax. I keep trying various things, but can't make progress.

2. The network cannot be extended with another base station, so this means access isn't good throughout my whole house.

3. I can't figure out how to connect my Apple Time Capsule, which I need because that's my auto backup for my hard drive.

4. I'm having trouble connecting my airport express, which I use for streaming music wirelessly to my speakers.

Thanks for any pointers.

kovy

join:2009-03-26
kudos:8
reply to drewis

said by drewis:

I posted above I just did "g" only

yep nothing works!
lol

That's weird... I'm giving access to my wireless to the neighbor on top of me, and the signal is strong (but they're using the Dlink Extreme N). They don't use much Internet other then browsing... so maybe they don't notice anything wrong.

But sometimes my wireless printer will stop printing in the middle of the session... not sure if this is related to my printer or the wifi.

doc911

@agr.ca

Hi there,

I just had this modem / router installed by a tech 2 days ago.
First of all, let me say that the speed increase from Fibe 12 on a 7 year old modem was very cool. I am getting just over 25 down and a little under 7 up (6.8 on speedtest.net).

The things I am wondering is about the router. The tech wasn't sure, but we just tried disabling the wireless option on the Sagemcom modem/router and just pluged it into my Dlink 655. This worked right away and speed loss was unnoticeable. My network remains unchanged and all devices work well. This made me happy! But I am not sure if everything is ok.

I was playing on steam last night and was disconnected by the server for some sort of "connection issue." I immediately though the new modem/router was the culprit as it may be set up to not open the correct ports or something. (i am only half a techie but willing to learn).

Is there something I should be doing to the Sagemcom like disabling more than just the wireless? BTW, I cannot access the new router info unless I connect directly and not go through my own router.

Any advice would help and be appreciated.
doc

wysiwyg1972

join:2006-11-05
Toronto, ON
reply to urbang33k

Can those with the CellPipe modem request a switch to the Sagemcom?

doc911

join:2011-08-10
reply to urbang33k

Sorry for double post but I decided to register in case people are filtering anon users.

Hi there,

I just had this modem / router installed by a tech 2 days ago.
First of all, let me say that the speed increase from Fibe 12 on a 7 year old modem was very cool. I am getting just over 25 down and a little under 7 up (6.8 on speedtest.net).

The things I am wondering is about the router. The tech wasn't sure, but we just tried disabling the wireless option on the Sagemcom modem/router and just pluged it into my Dlink 655. This worked right away and speed loss was unnoticeable. My network remains unchanged and all devices work well. This made me happy! But I am not sure if everything is ok.

I was playing on steam last night and was disconnected by the server for some sort of "connection issue." I immediately though the new modem/router was the culprit as it may be set up to not open the correct ports or something. (i am only half a techie but willing to learn).

Is there something I should be doing to the Sagemcom like disabling more than just the wireless? BTW, I cannot access the new router info unless I connect directly and not go through my own router.

Any advice would help and be appreciated.
doc

kovy

reply to wysiwyg1972

said by wysiwyg1972:

Can those with the CellPipe modem request a switch to the Sagemcom?

I'm pretty sure you can.

secotton

join:2005-03-30
North York, ON

Does the new Sagemcom work for those with Bell FibeTV (IPTV)?

kovy

said by secotton:

Not yet.

Seb851
Future Shop Staff

join:2010-07-12
Sainte-Marthe-Sur-Le-Lac, QC

said by kovy:

said by secotton:

Not yet.

Mais c'est un modem compatible pour le IPTV

Eug

join:2007-04-14
Canada
reply to poiuytr

said by poiuytr :

1. It won't recognize my Canon MX850 multifunction printer/scanner/fax. I keep trying various things

Like what?

2. The network cannot be extended with another base station, so this means access isn't good throughout my whole house.

What do you mean, by WDS? If it's through wired ethernet -> WAP it should work fine.

If it doesn't support WDS and you need WDS, then just turn off wireless on the Sagemcom and get two WAPs that support WDS.

3. I can't figure out how to connect my Apple Time Capsule, which I need because that's my auto backup for my hard drive.

4. I'm having trouble connecting my airport express, which I use for streaming music wirelessly to my speakers.

I don't think anyone will be able to answer your questions unless you provide more detail.
--
Everything Apple

freejazz_RdJ

join:2009-03-10
kudos:1

I think he should just use his time capsule (which is also an airport base station AFAIK).

So OP, do you have IPTV? If not, you should just use the modem as a bridge. Setup PPPoE on your time capsule. It will be your router and the sagemcom your modem. This will also resolve your issue with the airport express and printers in they worked before your switched over to the sagemcom.

kovy

reply to Seb851

said by Seb851:

said by kovy:

said by secotton:

Not yet.

Mais c'est un modem compatible pour le IPTV

Il n'a pas encore ete tester pour IPTV.

Seb851
Future Shop Staff

join:2010-07-12
Sainte-Marthe-Sur-Le-Lac, QC

said by kovy:

et aussi non plus sur les ligne non VDSL2

kovy

said by Seb851:

said by kovy:

et aussi non plus sur les ligne non VDSL2

Il a ete tester... mais presentement, c'est seulement les clients qui ont des profiles VDSL2 qui peuvent l'avoir.

drewis
Premium
join:2006-09-04
Hamilton, ON

2 edits

I can confirm by restting to factory thru the interface you can use the modem in bridge mode with another router. I dont know if this is 100% true bridge mode but my WRT54GL is doing the pppoe.

Takes about 2 minutes, then just hook your other router up to the LAN on the Sagemcom, enter your info and youre good to go.

EDIT: This is good news for people wanting to MLPPP their service with Teksavvy.. Providing you can find a router capable of 50Mbps

wysiwyg1972

join:2006-11-05
Toronto, ON
reply to urbang33k

Bell replaced my Cellpipe with the Sagecom as well and I also find the wireless weak. I live in a condo and get 1 bar on my iphone 2 rooms away (and it drops) even my Apple TV just has 2 bars. I may just switch back to my WNDR 3700 (which I used bridged to my old Cellpipe) as the speeds were decent, except on the ipad2, but that's another story/defect with those ipads.

Also, Bell didn't ask for my AP back that they gave me with the Cellpipe. I use in another room hooked up to a Powerline bridge.

kovy

said by wysiwyg1972:

Bell replaced my Cellpipe with the Sagecom as well and I also find the wireless weak. I live in a condo and get 1 bar on my iphone 2 rooms away (and it drops) even my Apple TV just has 2 bars. I may just switch back to my WNDR 3700 (which I used bridged to my old Cellpipe) as the speeds were decent, except on the ipad2, but that's another story/defect with those ipads.

Also, Bell didn't ask for my AP back that they gave me with the Cellpipe. I use in another room hooked up to a Powerline bridge.

I would try playing with wireless settings... change, the b g or n mode only along other various options.

STN

join:2004-12-29
Canada
reply to urbang33k

said by urbang33k:

--UPnP and DLNA support options. not tested

One item I noticed was when attempting to setup a slingbox, with my PC and the slingbox on the LAN of the 2864, the slingbox setup would hang. I figured out it was something with UPnP, as the modem was attempting to open the port. I disabled UPnP on the 2864 and then was able to complete the slingbox setup. This was on an earlier firmware, not sure if it would still do this.

said by NefCanuck:

Have you run any tests using hardware that supports Gigabit connections to see if it is properly supported?

Considering the 2864 is used on the FTTH and they have service offerings > 100Mbps I would think there would have been some testing done on the Gigabit connections. I'm sure there is always room for issues to exist, but I imagine part of their testing would have been passing ~200Mbps through the CPE from LAN to WAN.

said by EthanHunt:

has anyone using this modem gotten it into a bridge mode? Im considering a bump to the 25/7 service and i know the cellpipe can be put into bridge mode

The Cellpipe doesn't necessarily "go into bridge mode" nor do I believe the 2864 does. What they allow is "PPPoE pass-through" which means if a device on the LAN (or WLAN) sends PPPoE packets the modem will pass them through to the WAN side without performing any routing functions on them. You in effect get both routed and bridged mode simultaneously.