Premium Member
join:2008-02-21
right here

thegeek to rradina

Premium Member

to rradina

Re: Just Tether to a Cell Phone

said by rradina:

I must say, though, that Nebraska sucks. I-80 outside of Omaha and Lincoln was horrible (Edge or GPRS -- never before had I seen the iPHone with a small "o" == GPRS. I had only seen 3G or E).

Being from MO you should have expected it. MO, NE, KS, IA, IL, WI, MN. All pretty much have shitty spotty coverage from all the major carriers. Corn cobs and cows don't really need 3G ya know.
rradina
join:2000-08-08
Chesterfield, MO

rradina

I believe MO has 3G on along the interstates. We had it the entire drive between STL and KC.

Montana and South Dakota had 3G the entire trip along I-90. I-80 in Nebraska was the biggest pain. Of course Wyoming was also a pain but with the mountains, getting ANY service was a pain. Jackson, WY, West Yellowstone, MT and Gardiner MT had 3G near the parks. Almost no AT&T coverage inside the parks outside of the Old Faithful area which had Edge. The east side of Idaho along the west side of the Tetons also had 3G coverage. Overall I was impressed with how much of the trip had 3G coverage -- with the exception of Nebraska. Even though it said Edge, if it worked at all, it was worse than dialup.

thegeek
Premium Member
join:2008-02-21
right here

thegeek

Premium Member

half way up I-29 and I-35 out of KC the 3G coverage gets spotty. Otherwise, yes it's good along the interstates. But that's it.