share rss forum feed

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
kudos:2
reply to yyzlhr

Re: Rogers Upstream Bonding

said by yyzlhr:

Ultimate has not been jacked up by $23. This is just their 150mbps offering. The $99 75mbps tier is still considered in market and is available to anyone who wants it.

you're wrong my friend. I just posted in another thread ROGERS HAS JACKED UP THE PRICE OF ULTIMATE WHEN DEPLOYED. YOU DON'T KNOW EVERYTHING.......

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4

said by elitefx:

said by yyzlhr:

Ultimate has not been jacked up by $23. This is just their 150mbps offering. The $99 75mbps tier is still considered in market and is available to anyone who wants it.

you're wrong my friend. I just posted in another thread ROGERS HAS JACKED UP THE PRICE OF ULTIMATE WHEN DEPLOYED. QUIT BEING SO FRIGGIN' IGNORANT...

Just because you posted it doesn't make it true.

Rogers is just promoting their "New Ultimate" package under the Ultimate moniker, which offers 150mbps download speeds at $123 a month

The actual Ultimate tier is still offered at $99 and offers 75mbps download speed. Just because it's not on the Rogers website, doesn't mean it's not offered.

And you're right, I don't know everything. But when it comes to Rogers product offerings, I know quite a lot

elitefx

London, ON

said by yyzlhr:

The actual Ultimate tier is still offered at $99 and offers 75mbps download speed. Just because it's not on the Rogers website, doesn't mean it's not offered.

So the Rogers homepage is now lying and misleading people. Fine. Have it your way..........

yyzlhr

Scarborough, ON

said by elitefx:

said by yyzlhr:

So the Rogers homepage is now lying and misleading people. Fine. Have it your way..........

It's not misleading anybody. If Rogers wants to make a business decision to not promote a certain product on their website, they have the right to do that.

Rogers has many product offerings that are considered in market but is not promoted on their website.

technocar2

join:2009-05-29
Brampton, ON
reply to Sanek

8X4 Channel bonding is finally here in central Brampton. Can't wait for higher upload speeds. Modem logs show it happened this morning at around 6 AM.

technocar2

Brampton, ON

2 edits
reply to Sanek

Just got higher upload speed here central Brampton. I used the online chat to get the HU code added.

Throughput increased.

elitefx

London, ON

looking good. at that speed you'll burn through your 250GB cap on speedtests alone.....BTW what modem are you using?

technocar2

Brampton, ON
reply to Sanek

DPC 3825 in bridge mode.

glum

@rogers.com

did u speak with tech support or customer care?

DJ411

join:2009-12-31
reply to Sanek

After a very stupid situation got my internet back up to speed. i noticed my US was blue today. I've been following this thread for some time. Here are my speeds at this time

I have the $99 Ultimate package but i've chatted about the HU tag thing they keep telling me to call.

If i call any department i should talk to? also what should i say. But before i call any pros out there know if i can get higher upload speeds? or is that the max i can get without changing my package to the new $122 one?

Dones

join:2008-02-14
Toronto, ON
reply to elitefx

said by elitefx:

looking good. at that speed you'll burn through your 250GB cap on speedtests alone.....BTW what modem are you using?

Soooo it would take you 2h30m of speed tests to hit your 250GB cap? At lets say 230mbps?

yyzlhr

Scarborough, ON
reply to DJ411

said by DJ411:

After a very stupid situation got my internet back up to speed. i noticed my US was blue today. I've been following this thread for some time. Here are my speeds at this time
[att=1]
I have the $99 Ultimate package but i've chatted about the HU tag thing they keep telling me to call.

If i call any department i should talk to? also what should i say. But before i call any pros out there know if i can get higher upload speeds? or is that the max i can get without changing my package to the new $122 one?

You can get 10 up if you live in an eligible area with the $99 ultimate package. You should call customer service to have that changed, but prepared to have to call back multiple times because most reps have no idea that this exists.

DJ411

join:2009-12-31

Lol k. I just got my internet fixed the other day too. But i'm willing to call over and over to get 10 up as i need it for YouTube uploading and Streaming. I'm just hoping i'm eligible. But seeing how some ppl are posting that Brampton is getting it i hope i can easily get it.

technocar2

Brampton, ON

2 edits
reply to Sanek

DO NOT call them use the online chat and select "general inquires" not tech support.

»www.rogershelp.com/customerserv/···php?s=17
On this page there will be an option for internet when the online people are online.

technocar2

Brampton, ON
reply to glum

said by glum :

did u speak with tech support or customer care?

I used online chat, from the rogers.com contact us page I selected live chat, then general inquires and then select cable/internet. (The cable/internet option is only visible when the said reps are actually online.

glum

@rogers.com
reply to Sanek

thanks to everyone for your help. got the extra uptream speed today finally.

this was my laptop connected wifi to me dlink 625 router so pretty happy. thanks guys.

glum

@rogers.com

fyi i have extreme plus plan

JAC70

join:2008-10-20
canada
reply to technocar2

said by technocar2:

DO NOT call them use the online chat and select "general inquires" not tech support.

»www.rogershelp.com/customerserv/···php?s=17
On this page there will be an option for internet when the online people are online.

Is this a Java chat function?

Pesterd

@rogers.com
reply to glum

Glum, did they ask you to pay extra?

glum

@lao.on.ca

no, did not ask me to pay extra

l8er

join:2004-04-02

1 edit
reply to yyzlhr

said by yyzlhr:

said by glum :

thnaks alot. im on extreme plus. the second highest tier.

The product code is WHUK

yyzlhr, each tier has a different product code? Can you let me know the code for Extreme? Thanks

Pesterd

@rogers.com
reply to glum

The Rogers rep is saying that I need the new ultimate to get 10mbps upload. No other way.

yyzlhr

Scarborough, ON

1 edit

said by Pesterd :

The Rogers rep is saying that I need the new ultimate to get 10mbps upload. No other way.

That is incorrect. Keep trying.

The regular Ultimate tier can get 10mbps up. The rep likely has no idea that Rogers is offering higher upstream speeds at no extra charge in eligible areas. "New Ultimate" is not marked as a higher upstream tier in the system, therefore the rep likely assumed that you had to subscribe to that tier to get 10mbps.

elitefx

London, ON
reply to Pesterd

Well, that makes sense. Rogers will probably incrementally increase the upstream speed per tier. eg: 2,4,6,10mbps. Guys on the lower tiers that are calling in and requesting 10mbps need to hope their package wasn't upgraded to the new Ultimate @122.95. We'll know next billing period for sure.

yyzlhr

Scarborough, ON
reply to l8er

said by l8er:

said by yyzlhr:

said by glum :

thnaks alot. im on extreme plus. the second highest tier.

The product code is WHUK

yyzlhr, each tier has a different product code? Can you let me know the code for Extreme? Thanks

Yes the product code for each tier is different. I believe extreme is WHUJ.

Pesterd

@rogers.com
reply to yyzlhr

I asked him multiple times about it (used chat).
Kept saying old ultimate stays as is and if I need 10mbps then it's $122.x
It was Alan something.

yyzlhr

Scarborough, ON
reply to elitefx

said by elitefx:

Guys on the lower tiers that are calling in and requesting 10mbps need to hope their package wasn't upgraded to the new Ultimate @122.95. We'll know next billing period for sure.

Nobody needs to hope. Rogers reps may lack product knowledge, but they should all know to inform customers when they're making financially impacting changes. This is not a step a rep can miss because a pop up will appear on the screen when any changes are made to an account that tells the rep the current monthly total and the new monthly total. If that fails as well, customers often receive email confirmations of all financially impacting changes well before the bill cycle date.

yyzlhr

Scarborough, ON
reply to Pesterd

said by Pesterd :

I asked him multiple times about it (used chat).
Kept saying old ultimate stays as is and if I need 10mbps then it's $122.x
It was Alan something.

Call in and ask the rep to search "higher upstream available" in their knowledge base system. You can also see throughout this thread here, there are many individuals who have 10mbps up with the regular ultimate tier. Some of whom, got upgraded quite recently as well.

Pesterd

@rogers.com

That's what ticks me off.
A person can get that new thing in an instant whereas another person speaking to a different rep may not get that because he/she doesn't know anything about it.

Pesterd

@rogers.com
reply to yyzlhr

So I called in.

I have the SMC with 4x4. It's somehow not possible for me to get the new upload with my current modem. Since I bought my modem, I really can't switch it over that easily.

PS. for those that have no issue in getting the new ultimate, Oshawa has it. Call in and see if you can get it.