HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to Sanek

Premium Member

to Sanek

Re: Rogers Upstream Bonding

Rogers currently uses QAM16 for upstream. I did hear somewhere that they will be upgrading to QAM64.

Whether it translates to upstream channel bonding and faster upload speeds being offered, who knows.
Sanek
join:2006-08-10
Kanata, ON

Sanek

said by HiVolt:

Rogers currently uses QAM16 for upstream. I did hear somewhere that they will be upgrading to QAM64.

Whether it translates to upstream channel bonding and faster upload speeds being offered, who knows.

Are you sure? I'm using an SB6121 modem on TSI at the moment and it's reporting QAM64 2.560 Msym/sec as far as I can tell...

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by Sanek:

Are you sure? I'm using an SB6121 modem on TSI at the moment and it's reporting QAM64 2.560 Msym/sec as far as I can tell...

Ah, perhaps you're on a test segment for 64QAM... I'm on TSI as well on a SB6120 and it's showing this:

Upstream Modulation
[3] QPSK
[5] 16QAM

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

I would be surprised if most of Rogers network would support 64 QAM on the upstream ... just too much ingress.

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

First report of upstream bonding, TSI customer on SB6120 in Thornhill.

»[Cable] Upstream Bonding
Sanek
Kanata, ON

Sanek to HiVolt

to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

said by Sanek:

Ah, perhaps you're on a test segment for 64QAM... I'm on TSI as well on a SB6120 and it's showing this:

Upstream Modulation
[3] QPSK
[5] 16QAM

»img171.imageshack.us/img ··· 6121.png

FLFLD POI (Kanata)

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

Cool. Who knows what Rogers is working on.

BTW, excellent stats.

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook to Sanek

Mod

to Sanek
Interesting ... not on my cable segment! :-(
the cerberus
join:2007-10-16
Richmond Hill, ON

the cerberus

Click for full size
I have upload bonding enabled here too.

SimplePanda
BSD
Premium Member
join:2003-09-22
Montreal, QC

SimplePanda

Premium Member

No bonding here in High Park yet.

You guys with bonding on - you seeing any improvement in upload speeds?
Sanek
Kanata, ON

Sanek

said by SimplePanda:

No bonding here in High Park yet.

You guys with bonding on - you seeing any improvement in upload speeds?

I believe there would not be any upload speed improvements until Rogers pushes down new profiles. This is profile-limited. This should help with congestion though, in case someone had a slower upload speed (although thats usually not the case with 1Mbit upload).

anon8888
@rogers.com

anon8888

Anon

upload speeds are going to be increasing VERY soon, watch your bill notices:)
nhs ice
join:2006-08-16
Toronto, ON

nhs ice

Do I need the new cisco modem for channel bonding?? I have not exchange the smc modem. Yesterday I look at the cable status through smc, it still shows only one channel which it is channel 1.
resa1983
Premium Member
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON

resa1983

Premium Member

said by nhs ice:

Do I need the new cisco modem for channel bonding?? I have not exchange the smc modem. Yesterday I look at the cable status through smc, it still shows only one channel which it is channel 1.

Rogers pushed firmware to SB6120s last week. This is probably the reason why they did it. We're test subjects. When they're ready for everyone, I'm sure they'll enable it on the crappy SMCs.