spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jjrodc

@comcast.net

black line on plasma samsung tv

hi, i was wondering if any1 could help me out on this...I been reading about this problems for a few minutes. Here's the issue:
I bought a 50 inch Samsung tv, a few months down the line i got a 5inch black horizontal line across the lower middle of the screen i was wondering if replacing the F-PCB buffer would fix this problem. If you need to see a picture heres a link.(i didnt know how to upload the pic on the forum for help) »i52.tinypic.com/205y4o_th.jpg

TheMG
Premium
join:2007-09-04
Canada
kudos:3

2 edits

Did you buy the TV new or used? Looks new, appears to still have the protective wrap on it? If it's new, you say it has only been a few months, then why not use the warranty?

BTW: cellphones (BlackBerry 9330) makes a LOUSY camera.

iknow

@optonline.net
reply to jjrodc

here's the link to the full size image, the one posted was just a small thumbnail. »i52.tinypic.com/205y4o.jpg

iknow

@optonline.net
reply to jjrodc

a few people have been having that problem. on the youtube link, it shows how to fix that. »www.google.com/#hl=en&xhr=t&q=50···&bih=573

Expand your moderator at work

IllIlIlllIll
EliteData
Premium
join:2003-07-06
Hampton Bays, NY
kudos:7
reply to iknow

Re: black line on plasma samsung tv

said by iknow :

a few people have been having that problem. on the youtube link, it shows how to fix that. »www.google.com/#hl=en&xhr=t&q=50···&bih=573

1) the first youtube video does indeed instruct how to replace the upper/lower scan boards, but this is on an older set from 2007, so its not quite relevant in this case.
2) the second youtube video shows an issue (vertical line, again, not relevant in this case) that disappears after the person changes the input source indicating that its more than likely not a tv issue (pressing the menu button on the samsung remote with that line on the screen would have clearly indicated if that was a tv issue or not)
3) how did you manage to get a bigger picture if you are not the OP ?
--

howardfine

join:2002-08-09
Saint Louis, MO
reply to jjrodc

I was waiting to see if the OP returned and told us why this isn't being fixed under warranty. There is a chance this can be fixed by just taking off the back panel, as shown in the youtube video, and reseating the connectors on the left and right side to see if that fixes the problem due to a loose connection, dirt, etc. Otherwise, the replacement is necessary.

For others who may have a vertical line, you're in bad shape if you're out of warranty. The connections there are permanent and cannot be reseated. Samsung repair will tell you the panel (the whole screen) needs to be replaced and this is quite expensive. But I have information about this that I can pass on next week and not until then.

iknow

@optonline.net
reply to IllIlIlllIll

said by IllIlIlllIll:

said by iknow :

a few people have been having that problem. on the youtube link, it shows how to fix that.

3) how did you manage to get a bigger picture if you are not the OP ?

i know how URLs work.

IllIlIlllIll
EliteData
Premium
join:2003-07-06
Hampton Bays, NY
kudos:7
reply to howardfine

said by howardfine:

For others who may have a vertical line, you're in bad shape if you're out of warranty. The connections there are permanent and cannot be reseated. Samsung repair will tell you the panel (the whole screen) needs to be replaced and this is quite expensive.

thats because the drive IC's are on the FPC cable and not the PCB, the FPC cable is permanently attached to the panel, there is no way to replace it other than replacing the panel.
most plasma sets are manufactured this way.
--