Ogden, UT

jrmorfin5

CenturyLink Trucks

I was taking Cujo for a walk and today the Qwest trucks already say CenturyLink
kiknwing
join:2010-12-13
Ogden, UT

kiknwing

Also when you go to qwest.com, you get centurylink.com.

FarmerBob
join:2000-12-21
Littleton, CO

2 recommendations

FarmerBob to jrmorfin5

to jrmorfin5
It's official, we're screwed.
Chongo
join:2007-12-11
Phoenix, AZ

Chongo to jrmorfin5

to jrmorfin5
They've been popping up in Phoenix for about a month now. MyQwest change to MyCenturylink on my DVR saturday.
kiknwing
Ogden, UT

kiknwing to jrmorfin5

to jrmorfin5
Just got a letter from centurylink in the mail saying on 8/8/11 qwest is out and centurylink is in. Only a matter of time before the qwest and centurylink forums are merged.
XIII
Premium Member
join:2010-06-16
Scottsdale, AZ

XIII to jrmorfin5

Premium Member

to jrmorfin5
Lets see how long it takes for service to change (better or worse).
It seems that CL is better than Qwest, but not by much.

I used to prefer Qwest, but when they would not fix my line (that no less than 8 techs said was bad and needed to be replaced) I jumped ship to Cox, goodbye buzzing (they have their own problems, not service related as much as with Qwest)

Though I still use Qwest for other locations where either they are the only provider or the best bang for your buck. (a cable line metered at 5Mb speed with a 50GB cap plus overages would cost me a lot more than its worth, I would be better off getting a business line from the cable company which I cant afford so I am with Qwest).
Pringlescan
join:2007-01-05
Des Moines, IA

Pringlescan

said by XIII:

Lets see how long it takes for service to change (better or worse).
It seems that CL is better than Qwest, but not by much.

I dunno read their forums. They have way more utilization issues than Qwest does. I have a feeling this merger is going to be a bad experience for us Qwesters.
XIII
Premium Member
Scottsdale, AZ

XIII

Premium Member

They both have those same problems, but CLs speeds are faster overall. I have also called them and their CSRs seem nicer to deal with. It may get worse or better or stay the same, only time will tell.

toby
Troy Mcclure
join:2001-11-13
Seattle, WA

toby to jrmorfin5

to jrmorfin5
CL offers bonded DSL, where as Qwest does not.

Maybe that will help out all the rural people...one day.

caffeinator
Coming soon to a cup near you..
Premium Member
join:2005-01-16

caffeinator to jrmorfin5

Premium Member

to jrmorfin5
I wonder how that works for the folks using 3rd-party ISP's like me?

FAIK, the last time I talked to my ISP's tech staff, they didn't know much either.

Boss302_1970
join:2009-12-11

Boss302_1970 to XIII

to XIII
wouldn't that be nice!
XIII
Premium Member
Scottsdale, AZ

XIII

Premium Member

Before I switch to a company I call sales and support. I dont really care about sales as most just want to make a sale and get their numbers, points or whatever they get, others truly care. For support I act as a customer asking a simple question that does not require access to my account. CL passed, both were good. Qwest barely;sales is great support is ok, probably due to the fact that they read scripts.
kiknwing
Ogden, UT

kiknwing

I was hoping for better tech support from CL, but it doesn't look like I will. I was told that this is normal...
Pringlescan
join:2007-01-05
Des Moines, IA

Pringlescan to XIII

to XIII
said by XIII:

Before I switch to a company I call sales and support. I dont really care about sales as most just want to make a sale and get their numbers, points or whatever they get, others truly care. For support I act as a customer asking a simple question that does not require access to my account. CL passed, both were good. Qwest barely;sales is great support is ok, probably due to the fact that they read scripts.

My mom tried this as well and had the same results you had with Qwest. It's not that they read scripts it's who you get as a CSR. Some are very good at speaking on the phone and others are 3rd grade lvl readers.