spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

gill

@verizon.net

fios

i live in virginia, was very excited about fios, understanding the signifigance of firber optics and it being in the ground, but they were not very aggressive or willing to to grow so we were stuck with either cox or comcast both which are extremely expensive sloppy intallations poor customer service and frustrating in all ways to deal with, but ya need a tv right. finally i moved and fios was where i moved to, was very excited 89.99 for bundle tv internet and phone, great deal 2 year committment no problem intended to stay there 2 years. never lost tv or internet even when we had the 2 back to back storms internet even worked when power went out because when they install one of the boxes they put in is there to for some safety surge so the optic lines dont get burned out so my lap top worked. so for all practical purposes this is a positive comment for fios EXCEPT when it comes to billing price increases charges. if you have a 12 month car registration you get notified befor it runs out right. well with fios they dont work that way, they let you run out, than up your price with no notice and keep doing so untill you catch it. well i never checked the bill after a few months because it never changed, unless a movie was rented so u expect it to be different. there is far to much to tell but point is they will continually make mistakes over charge and especuially if you downgrade or change ie go from 3 part bundle to 2( say u get rid of phone) check the next bill you would expect it to be cheaper as it makes sense they tell you it is cheaper, my next bill and i coordinated it round my billing date literally so ther e would be n need for prorating.. well my cheaper bill was33.00 more than my bill with the phone. bill got my attention. they added 3 items on that i didnt ask for 14.99 each and a 5,99 item, . fios is great no doubts there, verizon integrity and billing thumbs down there, i was about to have dish put in but the tech was really honest and when i asked about loosing the signal during storms, unliike the salesperson who said it would only be for a short time until it was adjusted to another satellite, the tech said not true, yoiu could lose signal for long periods of time and if the dish were put on top of roof and it got covered with snow it would lose the signal until it melted or the snow was removed, so i still have fios cause the other way they get u drop fios tv and have internetonly 90.00 a month so it kind of sucks