spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Elwood Blues
@gtaa.com

Elwood Blues

Anon

BBC Radio 1 Gone From Sirius

One of the main reason for my signiing p with Sirius 6 yrs ago was to listen to BBC Radio 1; imagine my surprise when I turned on this morning and it has gone.The Sirius XM (Canada and US) website makes no mention of why the station was dropped. The site simply says the BBC Radio 1 is no longer and available and directs listeners to listen... I want it back

GetR1Back
@cyberscience.com

GetR1Back

Anon

+1 Need to start a campaign somewhere ... does Sirius have it's own forums - have to look.

LisaR
@insidetps.com

LisaR to Elwood Blues

Anon

to Elwood Blues
I totally agree! I bought Sirius because of BBC Radio 1!

Skyfall
@optonline.net

Skyfall to Elwood Blues

Anon

to Elwood Blues
I sent out an email to the official Radio1 division of Sirius' web site, Ill post back when I get a response. Im really upset that they dropped R1

Duncan
@syntegra.com

Duncan to GetR1Back

Anon

to GetR1Back
facebook campaign?

BBCR1
@sbcglobal.net

BBCR1 to GetR1Back

Anon

to GetR1Back
Please go to the Facebook community page: 'Get BBC Radio 1 Back on Sirius XM' where folks have listed who they've talked to, what they said, and overall sharing of outrage.

rpmcgraw
@sbcglobal.net

rpmcgraw to Duncan

Anon

to Duncan
»www.facebook.com/pages/B ··· 06948062

Mack Corneli
@bell.ca

Mack Corneli to Elwood Blues

Anon

to Elwood Blues
it ruined both my dad's and mine day today when we turned on the sirius to hear that BS from sirius saying what else to listen to. if you guys start a group, you will get another 2 members.

GFly
@optonline.net

GFly to GetR1Back

Anon

to GetR1Back
My too! Couldnt believe it this morning. It really is the only reason i have sirius. Anyone with any ideas, please post them as im pretty gutted by this

BillRoland
Premium Member
join:2001-01-21
Ocala, FL

BillRoland to Elwood Blues

Premium Member

to Elwood Blues
Kind of how I felt when they yanked Cinemagic. I too was surprised to pass BBC Radio 1 this morning and hear the notice that it was gone. I didn't listen to it except passing over it while surfing, but it struck me as a type of unique programming you couldn't get anywhere but satellite radio. Hope they don't replace it with yet another pop station.

ShiBland
@charter.com

ShiBland to Elwood Blues

Anon

to Elwood Blues
I want my BBC Radio 1 back! WTF???? This is why I purchased satellite radio! Looks like I may have to cancel my subscription.

SiriusSucks
@optonline.net

SiriusSucks to Elwood Blues

Anon

to Elwood Blues
I am so upset at Sirius - They have such a lame line up and dare to say they are trying to 'balance' their musical styles by removing BBC Radio One. BALANCE? Who is running programming? They repeat the same songs, and same DJs on Hits 1 and 20 on 20. Uhhhh!! The quality of songs on BBC RADIO ONE cannot be beaten - always cutting edge and informative about the latest in the music scene. Who can beat their access to all of the UK Festivals? Sirius is a joke for removing them. They don't have a single DJ with any knowledge of music. That 'Morning Mash Up' talking about their pathetic daily problems is nauseating! PLEASE BRING BACK BBC RADIO ONE - CHRIS MOYLES, FEARNE COTTON ETC!!!

scots
Are we there yet??
Premium Member
join:1999-12-06
Raleigh, NC

scots to Elwood Blues

Premium Member

to Elwood Blues
I read somewhere a little while ago (will post a link if I can find it again) that BBC has finally issued a statement concerning Radio 1 being removed from SiriusXM. Apparently SiriusXM's license to carry Radio 1 expired and according to BBC, SiriusXM has made absolutely no communication with BBC or attempt to renew. SiriusXM is now announcing that channel 15 will start carrying "Studio 54" beginning Monday. "Studio 54" will be playing "classic dance" music...I guess another way of saying disco.

MrsPerks
@comcast.net

MrsPerks to GetR1Back

Anon

to GetR1Back
Here is the facebook page: »www.facebook.com/SaveRad ··· hAmerica

Chang1
@dsltransport.net

Chang1 to Elwood Blues

Anon

to Elwood Blues
BBCRadio1@siriusxm.com

Bells
@comcast.net

Bells to ShiBland

Anon

to ShiBland
The reason they aren't there is because their contract expired. Looks like they aren't renewing at the moment.

WRITE2SIRIUS
@optonline.net

WRITE2SIRIUS to Elwood Blues

Anon

to Elwood Blues
So I've sent in two messages to complain about the situation. If you feel as strongly please send in a remark. It can't hurt.

You can contact SIRIUS through their website. Alternatively it looks as though they have easy enough email addresses. firstname.lastname.@siriusxm.com

So here are some names for you:

Mel Karmazin, Chief Executive Officer
Scott Greenstein, President and Chief Content Officer
James E. Meyer, President, Operations and Sales
Dara Altman, Executive Vice President and CAO

GOOD LUCK!

Gina
@cox.net

Gina to Elwood Blues

Anon

to Elwood Blues
I am beyond livid about losing Radio 1 from my Sirius XM! The only reason I have continued to pay for satellite radio is solely because of the brilliant music, programming, DJ's and line up on Radio 1. Far surpasses anything we hear in the United States and terrestrial radio. This is a travesty and I am sickened that the one thing I looked forward to listening to everyday is now gone! So is my subscription now...

robcon
@vinakom.net

robcon to Elwood Blues

Anon

to Elwood Blues
I agree, it was a big reason for me as well. My subscription is up for renewal, and I doubt I will renew now. I did contact Sirius but received the rubber stamp answer of "you can fine similar music on channel..."

Fox
@jhsph.edu

Fox to Gina

Anon

to Gina
This is such a great loss to an overly priced radio service.

WantMyRadio1
@comcastbusiness.net

WantMyRadio1 to GetR1Back

Anon

to GetR1Back
Serious discontent / disappointment with SiriusXM's decision to drop BBC Radio 1.

Thanks to the US Justice Dept, we only have 1 satellite radio station and this now shows we have no voice or choice in the matter.

Join the Voice:
»www.iwantmyradio1.com

MagicalPig
join:2008-07-25

MagicalPig to Elwood Blues

to Elwood Blues

I hope you all do realize you can listen to BBC Radio 1 FREE online ...

It always cracked me up when ppl hoot and holler that they are quitting because the ONE station they listen to is being dropped ...and that ONE station is a Third Party station that they can get free elsewhere.

scots
Are we there yet??
Premium Member
join:1999-12-06
Raleigh, NC

scots

Premium Member

said by MagicalPig:

I hope you all do realize you can listen to BBC Radio 1 FREE online ...

It always cracked me up when ppl hoot and holler that they are quitting because the ONE station they listen to is being dropped ...and that ONE station is a Third Party station that they can get free elsewhere.

And how does that help those who want to listen to it in their cars? A large majority don't have the means to stream internet audio in their vehicles.

MagicalPig
join:2008-07-25

MagicalPig

Since it was delayed on SXM anyway (Not live)you could just strip the online feed and listen through yer ipod or whatever in the car.

DJSeanK
@att.net

DJSeanK to Elwood Blues

Anon

to Elwood Blues
WHAT HAVE THEY DONE?

BBC Radio 1 was the Jewel in their crown.

Mel Karmazin is a cretin

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium Member
join:2000-09-20
Fort Worth, TX

Harddrive

Premium Member

I can think of worse names to call him.

Tod
@clearwire-wmx.net

Tod to WRITE2SIRIUS

Anon

to WRITE2SIRIUS
Here is the email I sent to Scott Greenstein, for whatever good it will do.

I like disco music. Im sure I will enjoy the new Studio 54 channel a little bit. But only as a novelty. Once the novelty wears off I will skip it. BBC Radio One was fun for so many reasons. The music was good, the banter between hosts was great. The English accents were refreshing and fun to listen to. The news updates provided a different perspective. And so you replace it with... 24 hours of disco and memories of..wait for it...disco? Couldnt you have replaced some other lame and pointless channel, like Pop2K? Couldnt you have made this another �€˜limited engagement channel?

Please bring back BBC Radio One. Wherever you put it, Ill find it and lock it in as a favorite. Put it waaay down the dial with SixxSense (another pointless channel). Replace any one of the endless list of news, commentary and chat shows. How many famous peoples opinions do I need? You have two channels devoted to that.

I know, I know. You have contractual obligations. You do these studies and make these decisions only after careful consideration. And after all, at the end of the day it is a business and you have to keep your eye on the bottom line. However, do not loose sight of the fact that I and all of the other SiriusXM subscribers are what keep you in business to begin with. Without us, you are nothing.

tod
Tod

Tod to MagicalPig

Anon

to MagicalPig
I do not hoot and holler. And, I listen(ed) to BBC Radio One in my car, with a service that I'm already paying for monthly.

JimmyB
@fuse.net

JimmyB to Elwood Blues

Anon

to Elwood Blues
Only one answer, stop the subscription. I just called to stop mine.

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4 to Elwood Blues

Premium Member

to Elwood Blues
said by Elwood Blues :

One of the main reason for my signiing p with Sirius 6 yrs ago was to listen to BBC Radio 1; imagine my surprise when I turned on this morning and it has gone.The Sirius XM (Canada and US) website makes no mention of why the station was dropped. The site simply says the BBC Radio 1 is no longer and available and directs listeners to listen... I want it back

Same. BBC Radio was my favourite. I also listened to CNN and MLB along sometimes with hits one and alt nation, among other...but BBC, CNN and MLB took up at least 80%, BBC being 30%. Damned fools.