Search similar:

uniqs

WantMyRadio1
@comcastbusiness.net

WantMyRadio1 to GetR1Back

Anon

to GetR1Back

Re: BBC Radio 1 Gone From Sirius

Serious discontent / disappointment with SiriusXM's decision to drop BBC Radio 1.

Thanks to the US Justice Dept, we only have 1 satellite radio station and this now shows we have no voice or choice in the matter.

Join the Voice:
»www.iwantmyradio1.com

MagicalPig
join:2008-07-25

MagicalPig to Elwood Blues

to Elwood Blues

I hope you all do realize you can listen to BBC Radio 1 FREE online ...

It always cracked me up when ppl hoot and holler that they are quitting because the ONE station they listen to is being dropped ...and that ONE station is a Third Party station that they can get free elsewhere.

scots
Are we there yet??
Premium Member
join:1999-12-06
Raleigh, NC

scots

Premium Member

said by MagicalPig:

I hope you all do realize you can listen to BBC Radio 1 FREE online ...

It always cracked me up when ppl hoot and holler that they are quitting because the ONE station they listen to is being dropped ...and that ONE station is a Third Party station that they can get free elsewhere.

And how does that help those who want to listen to it in their cars? A large majority don't have the means to stream internet audio in their vehicles.

MagicalPig
join:2008-07-25

MagicalPig

Since it was delayed on SXM anyway (Not live)you could just strip the online feed and listen through yer ipod or whatever in the car.

DJSeanK
@att.net

DJSeanK to Elwood Blues

Anon

to Elwood Blues
WHAT HAVE THEY DONE?

BBC Radio 1 was the Jewel in their crown.

Mel Karmazin is a cretin

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium Member
join:2000-09-20
Fort Worth, TX

Harddrive

Premium Member

I can think of worse names to call him.

Tod
@clearwire-wmx.net

Tod to WRITE2SIRIUS

Anon

to WRITE2SIRIUS
Here is the email I sent to Scott Greenstein, for whatever good it will do.

I like disco music. Im sure I will enjoy the new Studio 54 channel a little bit. But only as a novelty. Once the novelty wears off I will skip it. BBC Radio One was fun for so many reasons. The music was good, the banter between hosts was great. The English accents were refreshing and fun to listen to. The news updates provided a different perspective. And so you replace it with... 24 hours of disco and memories of..wait for it...disco? Couldnt you have replaced some other lame and pointless channel, like Pop2K? Couldnt you have made this another �€˜limited engagement channel?

Please bring back BBC Radio One. Wherever you put it, Ill find it and lock it in as a favorite. Put it waaay down the dial with SixxSense (another pointless channel). Replace any one of the endless list of news, commentary and chat shows. How many famous peoples opinions do I need? You have two channels devoted to that.

I know, I know. You have contractual obligations. You do these studies and make these decisions only after careful consideration. And after all, at the end of the day it is a business and you have to keep your eye on the bottom line. However, do not loose sight of the fact that I and all of the other SiriusXM subscribers are what keep you in business to begin with. Without us, you are nothing.

tod
Tod

Tod to MagicalPig

Anon

to MagicalPig
I do not hoot and holler. And, I listen(ed) to BBC Radio One in my car, with a service that I'm already paying for monthly.

JimmyB
@fuse.net

JimmyB to Elwood Blues

Anon

to Elwood Blues
Only one answer, stop the subscription. I just called to stop mine.

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4 to Elwood Blues

Premium Member

to Elwood Blues
said by Elwood Blues :

One of the main reason for my signiing p with Sirius 6 yrs ago was to listen to BBC Radio 1; imagine my surprise when I turned on this morning and it has gone.The Sirius XM (Canada and US) website makes no mention of why the station was dropped. The site simply says the BBC Radio 1 is no longer and available and directs listeners to listen... I want it back

Same. BBC Radio was my favourite. I also listened to CNN and MLB along sometimes with hits one and alt nation, among other...but BBC, CNN and MLB took up at least 80%, BBC being 30%. Damned fools.

Mike F
@ststelecom.com

Mike F to scots

Anon

to scots
As a Brit living over here the loss of Radio 1 on Sirius has pissed me off no end. I listened to the radio whilst driving principally so it was a luxury. However I have decided that for the price of less than one year's subscription of Sirius to buy an internet radio. This will mean I can listen, live, to all of the BBC's broadcasts. I miss driving but it works out for the better. Goodbye Sirius and your appalling customer service, scurrilous sales people and narrow minded programming. Still I figure even you cannot screw up a monopoly.

WiFiguru
To infinity... and beyond
Premium Member
join:2005-06-21
Seattle, WA

WiFiguru to Elwood Blues

Premium Member

to Elwood Blues
You guys might like this:

SIRIUS XM Satellite Radio has updated its relationship with BBC Radio 1.
»radio.about.com/b/2011/0 ··· erts.htm

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium Member
join:2000-09-20
Fort Worth, TX

Harddrive

Premium Member

"In addition to being available online, BBC Radio 1 programming will be broadcast on satellite radio at various times throughout the year coinciding with major events in BBC Radio 1's programming schedule,"

So in other words, SMX didn't sign up for the whole thing except for online listening.

SMX: Our radio. Your money. Our programming without thinking of you.

I think the new slogan should me...
'Mel can go to hell.'

fifty nine
join:2002-09-25
Sussex, NJ

fifty nine

The silence is deafening. I don't know what to make of it other than there must be something going on behind the scenes that SXM won't tell us.

I hear some exec wanted a disco channel badly so they had to find something to axe which they thought would do the least damage. Looks like they miscalculated.

I understand that the beeb is going to bring iPlayer to America this year for mobile devices (for a fee). That would allow people to get their "fix" of time delayed Radio 1.

Personally I've moved on and I listen on their webapp and TuneIn. I have a timer recording of Chris Moyles every morning for my daily commute.

Sirius XM is rapidly becoming "old music" radio.

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium Member
join:2001-11-14
Katy, TX

r81984

Premium Member

said by fifty nine:

The silence is deafening. I don't know what to make of it other than there must be something going on behind the scenes that SXM won't tell us.

I hear some exec wanted a disco channel badly so they had to find something to axe which they thought would do the least damage. Looks like they miscalculated.

I understand that the beeb is going to bring iPlayer to America this year for mobile devices (for a fee). That would allow people to get their "fix" of time delayed Radio 1.

Personally I've moved on and I listen on their webapp and TuneIn. I have a timer recording of Chris Moyles every morning for my daily commute.

Sirius XM is rapidly becoming "old music" radio.

I am not seeing much different now than just downloading music and listening with an mp3 player.
chgo_man99
join:2010-01-01
Sunnyvale, CA

chgo_man99 to Elwood Blues

to Elwood Blues
Me too I am dissapointed. xm 2,3, 11,12 are no good and repeat the same songs over and over I do not like to listen. kind of like pandora radio with today's alternative.

I turned to comedy channels and found them nowhere as near as good quality as on internet radio. When times come for renewal I will simply cancel them.

gower2352
@comcast.net

gower2352

Anon

I really wish they'd bring back this unique channel! There's no other station that matches it's DJ's and above all awesome varied playlist.