Search similar:

uniqs

Mike F
@ststelecom.com

Mike F to scots

Anon

to scots

Re: BBC Radio 1 Gone From Sirius

As a Brit living over here the loss of Radio 1 on Sirius has pissed me off no end. I listened to the radio whilst driving principally so it was a luxury. However I have decided that for the price of less than one year's subscription of Sirius to buy an internet radio. This will mean I can listen, live, to all of the BBC's broadcasts. I miss driving but it works out for the better. Goodbye Sirius and your appalling customer service, scurrilous sales people and narrow minded programming. Still I figure even you cannot screw up a monopoly.

WiFiguru
To infinity... and beyond
Premium Member
join:2005-06-21
Seattle, WA

WiFiguru to Elwood Blues

Premium Member

to Elwood Blues
You guys might like this:

SIRIUS XM Satellite Radio has updated its relationship with BBC Radio 1.
»radio.about.com/b/2011/0 ··· erts.htm

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium Member
join:2000-09-20
Fort Worth, TX

Harddrive

Premium Member

"In addition to being available online, BBC Radio 1 programming will be broadcast on satellite radio at various times throughout the year coinciding with major events in BBC Radio 1's programming schedule,"

So in other words, SMX didn't sign up for the whole thing except for online listening.

SMX: Our radio. Your money. Our programming without thinking of you.

I think the new slogan should me...
'Mel can go to hell.'

fifty nine
join:2002-09-25
Sussex, NJ

fifty nine

The silence is deafening. I don't know what to make of it other than there must be something going on behind the scenes that SXM won't tell us.

I hear some exec wanted a disco channel badly so they had to find something to axe which they thought would do the least damage. Looks like they miscalculated.

I understand that the beeb is going to bring iPlayer to America this year for mobile devices (for a fee). That would allow people to get their "fix" of time delayed Radio 1.

Personally I've moved on and I listen on their webapp and TuneIn. I have a timer recording of Chris Moyles every morning for my daily commute.

Sirius XM is rapidly becoming "old music" radio.

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium Member
join:2001-11-14
Katy, TX

r81984

Premium Member

said by fifty nine:

The silence is deafening. I don't know what to make of it other than there must be something going on behind the scenes that SXM won't tell us.

I hear some exec wanted a disco channel badly so they had to find something to axe which they thought would do the least damage. Looks like they miscalculated.

I understand that the beeb is going to bring iPlayer to America this year for mobile devices (for a fee). That would allow people to get their "fix" of time delayed Radio 1.

Personally I've moved on and I listen on their webapp and TuneIn. I have a timer recording of Chris Moyles every morning for my daily commute.

Sirius XM is rapidly becoming "old music" radio.

I am not seeing much different now than just downloading music and listening with an mp3 player.
chgo_man99
join:2010-01-01
Sunnyvale, CA

chgo_man99 to Elwood Blues

to Elwood Blues
Me too I am dissapointed. xm 2,3, 11,12 are no good and repeat the same songs over and over I do not like to listen. kind of like pandora radio with today's alternative.

I turned to comedy channels and found them nowhere as near as good quality as on internet radio. When times come for renewal I will simply cancel them.

gower2352
@comcast.net

gower2352

Anon

I really wish they'd bring back this unique channel! There's no other station that matches it's DJ's and above all awesome varied playlist.