spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Paul C

@tmodns.net

Radio 1

It would be pleasing to understand why Radio 1 is not now available on Sirius XM.

Is it available on any other satelite service??

I am about to cancel my subscription to Sirius as this station was the reason for subscribing.

scots
Are we there yet??
Premium
join:1999-12-06
Fuquay Varina, NC
kudos:1
Reviews:
·CenturyLink

According to the BBC, SiriusXM's license to carry Radio 1 expired and SiriusXM made absolutely no attempts to renew the license.

Radio 1 is not available on any other satellite service that I'm aware of. There are no other satellite radio services in the US/Canada, so not sure what other satellite service you would be referring to. It's my understanding that Radio 1 is available for free streaming over the internet from the BBC web site, but I haven't checked that out yet myself.

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium
join:2000-09-20
DFW
kudos:2

1 recommendation

Mel, once again, screwing with things that shouldn't be screwed with. Damned idiot.

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..

said by Harddrive:

Mel, once again, screwing with things that shouldn't be screwed with. Damned idiot.

I'll likely be cancelling my service. I listened to BBC at least 30% of the time...bunch of screw ups. That's a big zero for customer service.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium
join:2000-09-20
DFW
kudos:2

Their customer service is fine. I got back 5 months of payments because they kept charging me for a radio that I called in to cancel back in April. They had the annotations in their call center records.

I think it's more along the lines of customer satisfaction and having an idea of what their customers want. They (Mel) has screwed up so badly since the takeover of XM. I don't see how people seem to think a terrestrial radio big wig can know how to run a premium service such as satellite radio. It boggles my mind. I guess when you only have a small group of morons to pick from, you get a moron.
--
When I press '1 for English' that means I want to talk to someone that speaks English!

BillRoland
Premium
join:2001-01-21
Ocala, FL
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

said by Harddrive:

I think it's more along the lines of customer satisfaction and having an idea of what their customers want. They (Mel) has screwed up so badly since the takeover of XM. I don't see how people seem to think a terrestrial radio big wig can know how to run a premium service such as satellite radio. It boggles my mind. I guess when you only have a small group of morons to pick from, you get a moron.

I think you just hit it out of the park. It is becoming more and more like FM radio to me. For instance, they had to get rid of Cinemagic to make room for...."Channel Off Air." I cancelled my streaming yesterday, too many free alternatives out there.
--
"Don't steal. The government hates competition."
Beyond AM. Beyond FM. XM

Warzau
Premium
join:2000-10-26
Naperville, IL
reply to Paul C

I called today to cancel, I told them how I was disappointed at the loss of the channels and it was just getting expensive. Then I said the only way I would stay was if they offered me the deal on my old dead radio they keep sending me. $25 for 5 months. They did. SO I am good till Jan.