uniqs
share rss forum feed

No_Strings
Premium,MVM,Ex-Mod 2008-13
join:2001-11-22
The OC
kudos:6

Mergers, Acquisitions and Debt Ceilings

As the last vestiges of Qwest are absorbed or rebranded under the new CenturyLink moniker, it makes sense for us to respond in kind.

In the next few weeks, we will be assimilated here: »CenturyLink

I was toying with some apocalyptic thread title like Qwest merger wreaks havoc with DSLR or Qwest to finally stop throttling YouTube, but thought better of it.

I do want to thank the folks who post here - members, visitors and Qwest employees. You've been a great community resource and I hope you'll continue to contribute in the CenturyLink forum. I also want to thank adsldude See Profile for minding the store for many years before handing the mop and bucket to me.

Have fun, and we'll give you a last head up before we turn out the lights. We have a strict No Member Left Behind policy.

adsldude
Premium,Ex-Mod 2003-9
join:2000-11-10
Colorado
kudos:1

1 recommendation

Thanks for keeping us on track No_Strings See Profile! New friends await in the »CenturyLink forum.

May the »Qwest forum Rest in Peace.
--
Front Range Mountain Bike Patrol - »www.frmbp.org
Go4it2day Web Services - »www.go4it2day.com

AthlGrond
Premium,MVM
join:2002-04-25
Aurora, CO

1 recommendation

reply to No_Strings

said by No_Strings:

I was toying with some apocalyptic thread title like Qwest merger wreaks havoc with DSLR or Qwest to finally stop throttling YouTube, but thought better of it.

Prepare for the Century(Cross)Link!

(OK yours were better. )

Thanks for the good times No_Strings See Profile and adsldude See Profile, see you in the new digs!
--
If you’re greener than Gore, you’re green enough.

skj
Welcome to the far side of reality
Premium,Mod
join:2002-04-04
Gone South
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to No_Strings

Hello, merged and gobbled up former Qwest customers. I wanted to personally invite you and welcome you to our Sprint, Embarq, Centurytel, Qwest,»CenturyLink forum. Come and join the fun.
--

Reality is the leading cause of stress among those who are in touch with it.--Jane Wagner

CenturyLink
VIP
join:2009-03-09
Boise, ID
kudos:7

1 recommendation

reply to No_Strings

Hi,

We will still be supporting customers through as CenturyLinkHelp. We can always be reached via email which has changed to talktous@centurylink.com or on Facebook and Twitter.

Thanks,
Corey Tidwell
Talk To Centurylink Team
talktous@centurylink.com

caffeinator
Coming soon to a cup near you..
Premium
join:2005-01-16
WA, USA
kudos:4

1 recommendation

reply to No_Strings

Click for full size
Trippy, I've been on Qwest ADSL service for over 8 yrs now, but hopefully change will be a good thing.

I liked the name I guess too as I'm in the West, and grew up on Ma Bell and then USWest. I guess no more talking about Cisco 678's anymore eh?

Is the forum gonna be merged somehow, or just be locked but accessible for the old posts?

Lots of info in here that would still remain valid like hardware discussions and such.

Cheers All, see ya on the other side...
--

My 9/11 Tribute..online since 9/14/01
Need an Avatar? Check out Wafen's Avatar Pages

No_Strings
The OC

Not to worry; nothing will be deleted. The old forum will be closed to new posts, but the content will still be readable and searchable.

no_one

@cox.net
reply to adsldude

said by adsldude:

Thanks for keeping us on track No_Strings See Profile! New friends await in the »CenturyLink forum.

May the »Qwest forum Rest in Peace.

There are big differences in the Centurylink and Qwest forums and the issues even though all the same tech.

XIII

join:2010-06-16
Scottsdale, AZ
reply to No_Strings

said by No_Strings:

In the next few weeks, we will be assimilated

and Resistance is Futile.
--
»FreeDNS.afraid.org - Free DNS dynamic DNS subdomain and domain hosting

No_Strings
The OC
reply to No_Strings

Last chance to write your name on the wall, take a whack with the ceremonial sledge or take a picture for posterity. The plan is to shutter the forum this weekend and point everyone to CenturyLink.

kiknwing

join:2010-12-13
Ogden, UT

Goodbye Qwest, you will not be missed.