spc
Search similar:

uniqs

MajorNewbie
@myvzw.com

MajorNewbie

Anon

[DSL] Need some major help from the pros

Hello to all the helpful pro dsl people.
I've been having some major problems with my westell 6100, internet disconnects every five to ten seconds, and sometimes the internet won't come back for hours, I contacted frontier (was previously verizon) and I told them about the issue, they checked their end, it was fine, they checked mine, it was fine, they physically checked my phone line, clear as purified water, I asked them if they could replace my modem and they practically yelled at me a huge "NO" they said I had to pay like 5$ extra per month if I wanted another modem. At this point I'm mad because my bill already has too many hidden fees and it's the only company that reaches all the way here. I did a little research and bought a new modem that was supposed to be compatible (actiontec gt701c) but it won't auto connect, I went under the settings and did the DHCP connection thing (which is the way the westell used to connect because PPOvE or something is not supported in my area is what they told me) and the modem won't connect no matter how hard I close my eyes and cross my fingers for hours til they get numb.
If you guys could help me out, you'd give a humble man back his life, everything I do needs internet. Thank you for your time!

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY
·Charter
Ubee EU2251
Ubiquiti UAP-IW-HD
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-AC-HD

Smith6612

MVM

Does the Westell 6100's DSL Light go out and flash whenever the Internet drops? Does the new ActionTec modem get a solid DSL light or does that continue to flash/remain off?

In DHCP Areas, you need to leave the modem powered off overnight for it to obtain an IP address. That, or you have to clone the MAC address of the Westell.
ToiletMint
join:2009-12-07
Pine River, MN

ToiletMint to MajorNewbie

to MajorNewbie
701c is an old unit and is not ADSL2+ friendly. 701D is the latest and it works great with most DSL lines, but their power supply is horrible!
goshendsl
join:2010-01-08

goshendsl to MajorNewbie

to MajorNewbie
I had the same problem quite some time ago with my Westell 6100. I had Verizon (this was prior to Frontier) send me a new modem. The modem I received, a model G, worked fine. My old modem was a model D.

My suggestion is to ask for a new modem.