Texas Gooner
Premium Member
join:2000-07-17
San Benito, TX

juilinsandar to trparky

Premium Member

to trparky

Re: [TWC] Record more than two shows?

I thought with whole home dvr one could record 4 shows at once. At least that's what the commercials are touting.

trparky
Premium Member
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH

trparky

Premium Member

That must mean that it records four shows on two boxes.

I was thinking that in the case of this particular box, it uses a CableCard in the back. Shouldn't it be firmware upgradable to support more tuners?

Suit Up
join:2003-07-21
Los Angeles, CA
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X
TP-Link Archer C7

Suit Up to juilinsandar

to juilinsandar
said by juilinsandar:

I thought with whole home dvr one could record 4 shows at once. At least that's what the commercials are touting.

Yes it can. But you have to sign up for the whole home service, even if you don't need it.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

Its two tuners per DVR, Two DVR's 4 recordings.

From The Faq

Question:
What is Whole House DVR (Digital Video Recorder)?
Answer:

Whole House DVR is an exclusive feature of the SignatureHome™™ experience that allows you to record a program on one DVR and watch it from any set-top box in your house that is connected to your home network.

With Whole House DVR you can:

Watch programs previously recorded or currently recording on DVR set-top boxes on all set-top boxes connected to your home network.
Pause, fast-forward, and rewind recorded content on any set-top boxes connected to the home network.
Start watching a recorded program in one room and finish it in another.
Record up to four HD shows simultaneously.*
Store up to 150 hours of HD content, or over 400 hours of SD programming.*

*SignatureHome™ includes two networked HD DVRs. You can set up more DVRs on your home network to increase the number of shows you are able to record simultaneously and storage capacity. Each additional DVR can record up to two more HD shows simultaneously and store up to 75 hours of HD content.

Hob